Birthday Swap 2020/2021

Old 03-08-2020, 10:42 AM

Can anyone see my avatar of a frog? I can see it in my profile information, but I can't see it by my screen name on this board.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:22 PM

Crispy Frog you avatar is just fine. Green frog, lily pad, cat tails and a butterfly.

I don't remember the name of the pattern of 2014 quilt but it was easy and used up lots of 2.5 cuts. I see it often on the QB. Someone from the swap group may know the name. I am sure it was a freebie online pattern. I seldom purchase patterns. It is probably bookmarked on my computer too but where? I will search and post info of what I find.

Please keep sending your little stories. Inquiring minds want to get to know y'all.

Old 03-08-2020, 06:54 PM

Crispy Frog, the name of the pattern in the 2014 quilt is Arkansas Crossroads. I found many, many examples, patterns and tutorials for it online. I laid my out differently. So, I guess it is a variation of Arkansas Crossroads. But, I still like mine with the color way blocks. This one may travel with me to my retreat so I can use up the 2019 blocks.
Old 03-08-2020, 06:57 PM

Hi all. I made my first quilt in 1978 using denim squares from old jeans. I traced around a cardboard template and cut them out with scissors. The batting is polyester and the quilt is tied with red yarn. My skills have advanced since my first quilt.
I just completed a tumbler quilt using many of the squares I acquired from this swap. Each finished tumbler measures 1'' x 1.5'' and the quilt has almost 7000 tumblers. It will be hanging in a quilt show later this month so I will hopefully get a picture to post.
I work full time in health care, specifically oncology. I have 3 quilting kitties: Frank, Benny and Louis.
Oh, I almost forgot, my son's name is Patrick.
Old 03-08-2020, 08:28 PM

Quick Hello! I see so much activity! I need to catch up soon on it all and add my bio. My daughters are on College Spring break and we have been . I leave later today for a fun overnight to see some of the caves in Southern Indiana. But I did want to check in and say that NZQuilter's card goes in the mail before we hit the road! Have a great week friends!

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-09-2020 at 09:33 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 03-09-2020, 09:49 AM

I made my first quilt about 12 years ago. My husband (we were just dating at the time) used to work as a roadie for lots of different bands and had all these great concert Tee's. So I told him to pick his favorite 16 and I would make a quilt for him.... T-Shirt quilts should never be a person's first quit. I did finish it and it is bigger then a California king! But I will never EVER do that again! After that I just started with one baby quilt for a relative and it grew from there. Now everyone in my family has their own quilt and I'm working on quilts for my nieces. The last few years have been a roller coaster so I haven't finished theirs yet, but I'm getting close!

My name comes from the fact that I struggle with confidence and imposter syndrome. I am a lawyer. I have a small general practice on Main Street in a rural town in South Dakota. I've been practicing for about 2 years now. I went to law school after doing other things for 10 years. It took me a while to acknowledge that I am a lawyer, and I'm a good one, and that I should be proud of that. So that is why I picked that name.

It is just me and my husband... we are children free. We just have a couple of kitty cats and that leaves me lots of room for quilting, cross stitch, and embroidery which are all my favorite crafts.
Old 03-09-2020, 10:52 AM

Just wanted let you know I sent this month birthday girl her candy squares last Wednesday...she should have received them by Saturday.
Old 03-09-2020, 11:04 AM

Three envelopes arrived in today's mail: Aborning, Gaijin and Nurseluanne0308. Thank you, ladies! I have all the envelopes waiting not so patiently for my birthday on my desk. I know it's going to be so fun opening them all and awwing and ahhing.

February 24: Patrick's Mom

February 25: WendyMcD

February 27: Lottie Parker
Janice McC
Wesing
Lauren Gilliland
MaryGPearce

February 28: Tinas3
Lum

February 29t: Macybaby

March 2: Quilting Lawyer
Djmat
Traveling Grandma

March 3: Crazy Connie

March 5: Hav4boys
Crispy_Frog

March 9: aborning
Gaijin
Nurseluanne0308
Old 03-09-2020, 11:20 AM

What a great idea to introduce ourselves! It's fun to read and get to know each other better.

I made my first quilt, a small sampler, about 10 years ago, as a senior in high school. I didn't do a great quarter of an inch seam and didn't pay much attention to measuring or accuracy, so it's a pretty hot mess and coming apart in places. But I still have it and love it because it was where my passion for quilting started. I'm happy to say that I have improved a lot since then!

I'm a stay at home mom to three little girls, the eldest having just turned four last weekend! (Where does the time go?) Hubby and I have been chipping away with remodeling our 1875 home, so you might hear of renovation projects throughout the year! We gutted the baby room during Thanksgiving break and are just about ready for our Baby to move in. Yeah, we are slow!

My board name comes from the fact that I was born and raised in New Zealand but my entire family moved over to the USA the year after I graduated. My mom is an American by birth. I love the USA and now think of myself as an American too, and am proud to be raising American children.
Old 03-09-2020, 01:19 PM

I'm Janice McC from Georgia. I've been quilting for nearly 20 years since a friend of mine taught me how to make my first block. I don't like regular sewing, garments and such, but piecing is a thrill. I love participating in and running swaps as well so helping Barb out this year makes this swap even more interesting to me. My other craft love is counted cross stitch but my eyes don't permit me to do the detailed work I love so I've pretty much given it up in favor of quilting. I generally prefer traditional and scrappy quilt patterns and I love the candies from this swap.

I am married nearly 39 years to a wonderful man and have two grown sons. The eldest married last year and they've already had a child, a wonderful granddaughter for us. She's precious and I'm lucky enough to live only a few hours away so I get to see her every couple of weeks. I also have two dogs and a cat. My pets are like children to me. I enjoy them so.