Birthday Swap 2020/2021

Old 03-03-2020, 04:40 PM

Sounds like you had a productive and exciting day, Macybaby! Tee-Hee-Hee.

NZquilter, I am in southwest Michigan and we still have some snow on the ground but the Canadian geese are courting in my back yard and I saw lilly of the valley poking their little leaves up in a couple of sunny spots. Two signs of spring, one loud ..... Honk, Honk, Honk, and the other just makes you anticipate the scents of the season. More rain and snow for tonight but nothing will last long at this point of the year. I also opened my slider door yesterday when it was upper 40's and it smelled so good. Spring is on its way!
Old 03-04-2020, 04:26 AM

DH checked on the old place yesterday - and one of the doors was unlocked. Will be so glad when we close and it's no longer our responsibility.

I'm ironing fabric this morning and getting it ready to cut, got about a half hour before I need to leave for work. I sure do love my 3 minute commute. It's lovely to leave work and know I'll be home in no time, instead of having an 84 mile drive before I get home. At least with most of it being interstate with an 80mph speed limit, and little traffic, it was only 1 hour and 15 minutes. I teleworked three days a week - so I've ended up with having close to 5 hours less driving a week. Now I just have to get back into the swing of things and spend that time quilting!
Old 03-04-2020, 05:42 AM

macybaby- an extra 5 hours a week can produce a lot of quilting! or at least allow you to be productive in other ways. a 3 minute commute sounds heavenly.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:30 AM

Dh called - looks like closing is going to be this Friday - yea big time!

Old 03-04-2020, 12:44 PM

Yay, Macybaby! I'm sure that will be a huge relief! Then you will be able to really settle into your new home and enjoy it without that stress hanging over you. Fingers crossed it all goes without a hiccup.
Old 03-04-2020, 05:17 PM

Sorry I've been out of touch. I've been visiting my DDIL and grand-baby for the last few days and just returned home exhausted. They've just moved into a new house and between unloading boxes and helping with the 2 month old, I feel like I ran a marathon, yet there's still so much to do. DS was traveling so DDIL took a little help from me but she has good control over everything in general so I know they'll get to it in good time.

Macybaby, I'm glad the house sale is going well! Great relief! And I devastate my sewing area when I cut squares. What a mess. NZquilter, it looks like your birthday packages are rolling in nicely. DJMat, I love the flimsy. Perfect for the candies we receive. Barb, hope you've been able to get a little rest. Thank you for posting the list as well. My printer is acting up but I should be able to print it for backup by Monday.

Hope everyone has a pleasant evening!
Old 03-04-2020, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by Macybaby View Post
Dh called - looks like closing is going to be this Friday - yea big time!
Whoo-Hoo! Get that pen ready to write your names about a dozen times!
Old 03-05-2020, 05:22 AM

got my candies cut this morning - next step is to get them wrapped up so they will be ready to mail.
Old 03-05-2020, 05:25 AM

WMUTech - since we're the sellers there is not near as much to sign with this closing. We closed on our new house back in December and that was a lot to sign!

The best part is we'll be able to make a substantial payment on our new house! it's going to feel really good to be back on track to having our house paid off before I retire.
Old 03-05-2020, 11:45 AM

Two more envelopes came today, from Hav4boys and Crispy_Frog. Thank you ladies! My head has been spinning this fun ideas for these charms. But I need to finish at least one UFO first; you know how it goes!

February 24: Patrick's Mom

February 25: WendyMcD

February 27: Lottie Parker
Janice McC
Wesing
Lauren Gilliland
MaryGPearce

February 28: Tinas3
Lum

February 29t: Macybaby

March 2: Quilting Lawyer
Djmat