Birthday Swap 2020/2021

Old 04-17-2020, 02:59 AM

I was wandering our Board Daily Digest and found a posting from a member that just put joy in my 2.5 inch heart. Here is the link to the free pattern for the quilt from QuiltedTwins.com. https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...el+Fantasy.pdf It is called Pinwheel Fantasy and is . But it could easily be adjusted down to something smaller. According to the pattern it should use up about 10+ yards of fabric. That is amazing!

Take a peek and see if it catches your interest. Any one interested in a Sew-a-long using this pattern? Oh, goodness, I did not ask if our fearless leaders would think this would be OK. What do you think leaders?

Pinwheel Fantasy

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-17-2020 at 03:56 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 04-17-2020, 06:24 AM

Praying your family is all safe, aborning.

WMUTeach, that is an awesome pattern for 2.5" charms . I love Quilted Twins website and they have so many free patterns. I was planning on doing her Impressionist Wreaths pattern. She uses 2" squares , but I'll be changing it for 2.5". https://www.quiltedtwins.com/s/Impressionist-Wreaths-sks3.pdf
​​​​
I am currently working on her mystery quilt "Old World Fancy" that she is hosting right now. I'm just doing the lap size and it's not too overwhelming or intense .
Old 04-17-2020, 06:40 AM

I'd also love to see the swap continued. I've got all my candies cut and wrapped too.

I'm still working, though teleworking more than being in the office. Took two days vacation and am spending the time sewing masks. Will be fun when I can get back to quilting, but for now it's nice sewing something that I can cut and sew without being persnickety about the seam allowance. Makes me love the industrial machine more than ever, since I can do more high speed sewing and even though I have it turned down, it still sews twice the speed of my domestic machines.

Old 04-17-2020, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
Praying your family is all safe, aborning.

WMUTeach, that is an awesome pattern for 2.5" charms . I love Quilted Twins website and they have so many free patterns. I was planning on doing her Impressionist Wreaths pattern. She uses 2" squares , but I'll be changing it for 2.5". https://www.quiltedtwins.com/s/Impressionist-Wreaths-sks3.pdf
​​​​
I am currently working on her mystery quilt "Old World Fancy" that she is hosting right now. I'm just doing the lap size and it's not too overwhelming or intense .
I have been to Quilted Twins website so many times, but when it is time to start a new project, I don't think to go there. Shame on me. I have a mystery quilt going on with my guild, so I don't need another but I am excited about the starting the pinwheel quilt. Mine might be blue or green or black and white. Who knows. I like the impressionist wreaths too. So many choices and so little time to do them all! Tee-Hee-Hee!
Old 04-18-2020, 07:49 AM

WMU Teach - hmmm, I like that Pinwheel Fantasy! Currently I've been making bright colors into 16 square blocks to do an Arkansas Crossroads ---- do I want to change it to a colorful Pinwheel Fantasy??? So many choices!

Still looking for time to quilt! It's Saturday and I am heading in today to work on Financials! I spent the morning putting away Easter decorations, cleaning, and paying bills. And then tomorrow we move back our grad school student. She's about an hour away, lucky Uhaul is still in operation since we are moving a one BR apartment.

And Aborning - I'm with you about wanting that nice weather! 4 inches of snow yesterday! Actually it was a real pretty snow clinging to all the branches, but I want !

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 04-18-2020 at 05:45 PM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 04-20-2020, 12:38 PM

Finishing up some UFO's. My least favorite thing is to sandwich and quilt. Thus I have a pile of tops that are put away with their backing and now I must finish one before I can start another! - my quarantine rules~
These two were sitting there - both because the finished product was not what my brain thought it would be!! But they are done and ready to give to shelter.
Attached Thumbnails april2020.jpg   2019-2020.jpg  
Old 04-20-2020, 01:47 PM

Good Afternoon.... for all of you that are struggling with the isolation and feelings of no motivation... you are not alone. We are collectively going through something no one alive has ever lived through. There are no longer rules or expectations. You need to do what makes you feel good and be kind to yourself. There have been many days where my act of self care is to turn off my phone and just watch TV while cross stitching. The rhythm of it helps sooth me. But my will to work on quilting comes and goes. Don't force it.... just be kind to yourself. There is no right way to handle these feelings.

I work in an office by myself.... but my work load has gone down substantially over the last few weeks. I still get up, shower and get dressed to go to the office each day. It gives me a sense of normalcy. Granted... I get here and then spend a good deal of time watching Netflix on my iPad LOL!

I definitely want to continue the swap... mine have all been packaged up since January so no worries. Here's a little something to share with you that I finished this weekend. It's a cross stitch. I currently have 7 projects going so I'm trying to finish some of them
Attached Thumbnails r2d2-bb8.jpg  
Old 04-20-2020, 05:27 PM

QuiltingLawyer, R2D2 and BB8 What fun!.

I have been working on the Pinwheel Fantasy. Eight Squares finished and 24 to go. Lots of little four patches done just need to put them together into the 16 squares. I have used all of the Blue 2.5 squares in my stash, but I have plenty of scraps to use to make more. I keep a small bin for 2.5 strips. Just need to sort out the blues and cut into little squares. It will be a couple of week before I can do any kind of show and tell, but I needed a new project! Like I don't have enough projects started! Tee-Hee-Hee!
Old 04-20-2020, 06:09 PM

TG - great pics and inspiration!
QL - what fun cross stitch!
Old 04-20-2020, 06:37 PM

I’ve spent a lot of this weekend trying to free up half-filled bobbins. I use the various colors of thread to make scrappy Pineapple blocks. While I was making the scrappies, I decided I’d also like to try to color-coordinate some of them. I like the scrappies, but I like the coordinated ones too. I didn’t make all of these this weekend. I think I started with 11. I need 80, and I have 24 done, so I’m 30 percent done.

I also freed up all my mid arm bobbins except one, and cleaned off all my DSM bobbins.
Attached Thumbnails a539e919-a21a-4a99-91d7-be2ae43c71fd.jpeg   93237fdb-1329-4967-84aa-5cbe8c4ed96b.jpeg   c7430007-a5a9-4900-8e25-33748dbff64f.jpeg   a04e95ab-955f-471d-b3e5-c53bcd3463a3.jpeg