Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
BLUE AND YELLOW BLOCK SWAP - Closed - Blocks are Made and In The Mail >

BLUE AND YELLOW BLOCK SWAP - Closed - Blocks are Made and In The Mail

BLUE AND YELLOW BLOCK SWAP - Closed - Blocks are Made and In The Mail

Old 09-10-2009, 01:05 PM

me me me! I am the delinquent! I am UPSing to you tomorrow- you will receive 3 sets on Monday!

Darn company- they came in 3 days early for the wedding- do not get me started on hubby- he NEVER told me they were coming early- or they were staying 2 days with us. They came in on Sunday instead of Wednesday night. ARGHHHH! Anyway- they are gone now and I can finish up the last 2 tomight and pop them in the mail.

No more wedding until next June. And no more block swaps for me for a while- I need to sit back and work on what I have.
Old 09-10-2009, 01:32 PM

btw, Colletta, I paid for return postage through Paypal the other day, just the same as last time for the B&W swap. Hope you got it ok, I meant to email and forgot! :-)

Oh, and I remembered to put an envelope in for returning them this time! ;-)
Old 09-10-2009, 01:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Barbm
me me me! I am the delinquent! I am UPSing to you tomorrow- you will receive 3 sets on Monday!

Darn company- they came in 3 days early for the wedding- do not get me started on hubby- he NEVER told me they were coming early- or they were staying 2 days with us. They came in on Sunday instead of Wednesday night. ARGHHHH! Anyway- they are gone now and I can finish up the last 2 tomight and pop them in the mail.

No more wedding until next June. And no more block swaps for me for a while- I need to sit back and work on what I have.
Yikes.
Old 09-10-2009, 02:17 PM

Best part- I didn't know they were staying over on Tuesday. They came out early on Monday, left, went to her mothers. I knew they were coming for dinner on Tuesday. DD finds out, she and family come out too. Had a houseful (Love to hear those babies giggle and laugh- the heck with the parents- give me the babies!). Then I find out they are staying over.

I haven't been for groceries in 2 weeks. I had stopped at the store on the way home to pick up some milk and buns for dinner. I wasn't prepared!

Anyway- I lost 2 days of relaxation sewing. I would have been done a whole lot earlier- like last week, if I knew they were coming. But I took advantage of Coletta living in the same state and having a huge discount on UPS shipping and now I have created my own mess. Certainly would not have been down to the wire if hubby thought it was necessary to fill me in (but after 25 years, I should realize I never get the full story where his kids are concerned).

Enough whining. I need to go home and find a box. The good thing- I just LOVE LOVE LOVE my blocks- they feel nice and look great. I think receipients will like them.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:03 PM
Power Poster

Thanks for letting us all know what's been going on with you.

I'm not real good about unexpected company - especially when it involves a lot of meal preparation - and I'm out of groceries.

As for me, I am quite sure that getting the blocks a week or so later will not impact my life very much one way or another.
Old 09-10-2009, 04:47 PM

Barb -- I feel your pain!! However, my hubby knows better than to do that to me unless he's prepared to 1) do all the cooking as well as the cleaning up; or 2) take everyone out to eat 3 times a day :D When I get unexpected (and undesired) company, I tend to have something to do that will take me out of the house ALL day (a class, a pre-planned girl's day out, etc.) that you can claim you told hubby about last month :twisted: :twisted:

Old 09-10-2009, 04:54 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sewjoyce
Barb -- I feel your pain!! However, my hubby knows better than to do that to me unless he's prepared to 1) do all the cooking as well as the cleaning up; or 2) take everyone out to eat 3 times a day :D When I get unexpected (and undesired) company, I tend to have something to do that will take me out of the house ALL day (a class, a pre-planned girl's day out, etc.) that you can claim you told hubby about last month :twisted: :twisted:
Hmmmm- - -
Old 09-11-2009, 06:01 AM

I just steam a little over it- but I did tell him I need details for the wedding tomorrow- where I have to be and time. I like to be prompt and prepared.

The blocks are ready to be dropped at UPS. I am done.

Now to mentally prepare for the wedding. :)
Old 09-11-2009, 07:54 AM

Can't wait to see what I get.
Old 09-11-2009, 05:04 PM

Waitin, anticipatin, almost here...