Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 11- See Changes - Sign-ups OPEN through 12/10 >

Boom 11- See Changes - Sign-ups OPEN through 12/10

Boom 11- See Changes - Sign-ups OPEN through 12/10

Old 12-02-2013, 01:51 PM

Difergie, jaydee3 and country1 PLEASE check your emails and respond. Thanks!
Old 12-02-2013, 05:08 PM

I am thinking... if everyone was able to take a picture and email it to me, I'd be happy to make a "reference chart" for the participants as a whole - post the name with the fabric(s) so that if all else fails, you can always head back to the internet and figure out what's what and who's who.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:05 AM

I like that idea, Kelly. It hasn't personally been an issue, but it's reassuring to have a reference when in doubt. Thanks! Now, I have to pick a fabric . Hmmmm, way too many choices!
Old 12-03-2013, 12:13 AM

Ah ha! Great minds and all that. I planned to take pix as the fabric came in for my own use, just in case!
Originally Posted by nancia View Post
I like that idea, Kelly. It hasn't personally been an issue, but it's reassuring to have a reference when in doubt. Thanks! Now, I have to pick a fabric . Hmmmm, way too many choices!
Old 12-03-2013, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by SazuBMidlands View Post
I enjoyed the other boom I was in. Centralised swaps are also generally a LOT cheaper. However gonna have to wait and see what the outcome of the international tracking issue is, and see if I can join from England. I've never looked into international tracking options before, so I have no idea how much it might be, or even whether Royal Mail would be cheaper or dearer than the private courier people (Fedex etc). Just hope I see the outcome when its posted.
Tracking out of the USA slows down the process of getting the package. They sort of discourage it unless you don't care when it gets to it's destination. I send to Australia and the way they explained it was that some of the places the package may stop at to be process, can have it slip through without the tracking. Now this is just one post office telling me this so maybe it really is different. I just send my packages with a prayer and they get there. So do check with your post office. I also remember sending blocks from Australia and they looked confused when I asked for tracking so I didn't continue the conversation. LOL.

Barb
Old 12-03-2013, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by TheMamaHauser View Post
I am thinking... if everyone was able to take a picture and email it to me, I'd be happy to make a "reference chart" for the participants as a whole - post the name with the fabric(s) so that if all else fails, you can always head back to the internet and figure out what's what and who's who.
why not take a picture and print it on the added note that goes with the F8's? That way everyone is sure to know which person and fabric they are working with. Just saying it would be easy to do.
Old 12-03-2013, 12:43 PM

It seems that at least a couple of people would like to have pix of fabric to use as a reference. It's what I planned to do for myself anyway. Anyone who wishes to EMAIL ([email protected]) me a pic of their fabric can do so. I can easily add it to the Xcel spreadsheet I plan to send to everyone. I ask that if you do that, PLEASE send me a small pic, not a 5 Megabyte file! If everyone who sends a pic can reduce their own, it will save me a lot of time.

Tomorrow I'll have an email ready for all those who've signed up. Please review it and respond by email.

[Quotesaw2mch;6436859]why not take a picture and print it on the added note that goes with the F8's? That way everyone is sure to know which person and fabric they are working with. Just saying it would be easy to do.[/QUOTE]
Old 12-03-2013, 12:45 PM

I just signed up. Personally, I like the change to a centralized swap. It will save me a lot in postage. In Canada we can get tracking, but I don't really know how it works for shipments to the States.
Old 12-03-2013, 03:07 PM

DungeonQuilter, I've sent you 2 emails. Please review them and reply at your earliest convenience. Thanks and welcome!
Originally Posted by dungeonquilter View Post
I just signed up. Personally, I like the change to a centralized swap. It will save me a lot in postage. In Canada we can get tracking, but I don't really know how it works for shipments to the States.
Old 12-03-2013, 04:26 PM

I think this is the fabric Im going to send out. Its going to be for a man so Im hoping for browns or the pretty blue in the fabric, no flowery pinks
Attached Thumbnails boom-11.jpg