Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group >

Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group

Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group

Old 07-24-2014, 08:44 AM

Ok I might be fast but there is no way I could do them that fast. But when my youngest was in Afghanistan, I did make 37 quilts that were 58"x 78" in about 3 months. That was when I first started really making quilts. It was fun but I was up sewing more then I slept and was glad when I finished them. Actually all of the quilts were posted on the QB but I don't remember if it was on the old board or this new one.

You just crack me up with the 65 pieces. Soooooo I think I will get a head start on finding more one time blocks that I can test out.

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
OMGosh, yes, eventually. Personally, I think the next one should be for 30 blocks in one week, including shipping time. Some of you would STILL have them back to me early...oh, and each block must all have at least 65 pieces of fabric. Ok, you get 10 days...
Old 07-24-2014, 08:48 AM

It is Wheel of Fortune, it doesn't show up so good on the picture, I might have to figure out a better way to label them so the name shows up. Something else I can work on while waiting.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Sea, what is the name of that last block you posted?
Old 07-24-2014, 12:22 PM

I can see the name..just didn't look close enough! Where did you find the pattern? All the ones I looked at for "wheel of fortune" didn't look like yours. Im assuming its paper pieced?
Old 07-24-2014, 12:32 PM

See - your blocks are gorgeous. You raise the bar really high. I am like Joaneliz, I do try to make blocks that I have not done before but I am afraid to try the trickier ones on the groups blocks for fear of messing up their fabric and then not having enough to make another. (sigh)
Old 07-24-2014, 06:00 PM

Very understandable and I too worry about that as well as the fact that a lot of blocks DO NOT come out the right size and that really ticks me off. So this is what I do, when ever I try a new block, I will use my scrapes to do a test run, mostly to be sure the block size is right. Then it seems that I always have to make some sort of adjustment, either resizing, or figure an easier way to put it together. By that I mean easier for me, we all sew a little differently so we need to adjust for our own way of doing things. For me, I'm backassward, so I do a lot of my block that way. LOL It's just works for me. Now I take all these extra blocks and put them in a little container like they use for scrap booking, it holds the 12 1/2 size blocks nicely, when I get enough blocks, I will make a random block quilt so nothing goes to waist and it give me some experience on how to do them. Works great.

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
See - your blocks are gorgeous. You raise the bar really high. I am like Joaneliz, I do try to make blocks that I have not done before but I am afraid to try the trickier ones on the groups blocks for fear of messing up their fabric and then not having enough to make another. (sigh)
Old 07-24-2014, 06:10 PM

It came in the EQ program and this is what the original looks like. Its really an easy block to do. It wasn't really a PP block but I used the program to make parts of it PP so I could be sure of not screwing it up. If you want, send me your normal email address and I will send you a PDF file of the PP parts as well as the templates for making it as a normal pieced block. and if you prefer a different size then the 12 1/2 unfinished size let me know that to and I can resize it for you.

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
I can see the name..just didn't look close enough! Where did you find the pattern? All the ones I looked at for "wheel of fortune" didn't look like yours. Im assuming its paper pieced?
Attached Thumbnails original-wheel-fortune-block.jpg  

Last edited by seasaw2mch; 07-24-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:37 PM

Thanks Libster and I finally got to go back and read through some of the pages that I have missed. Congratulations on being a new GREAT Grandma. (we all knew you were great but now you have proof) LOL

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
Seasaw-that is a drop-dead gorgeous block!! Girl, I would not even think about tackling something that tedious! My hat is off to you.
Old 07-25-2014, 06:47 AM

Got my first 4 finished.

Groovy Pieces
TravelingGrandma
urgodschild2
terriamn
Attached Thumbnails groovey.png   traveling.png   urgodschild2.png   terriamn.png  
Old 07-25-2014, 07:33 AM

Sea, I sent you my email address. Thanks!!
Old 07-25-2014, 09:51 AM

AZKat -love my block - perfect for my vision - thank you.