Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group >

Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group

Boom 13 "FOUR LEAF CLOVER" 4 Month Group

Old 10-22-2014, 02:15 PM

I join both groups and don't even look at my 4 month fabric until I send off my 2 month fabric. That way I'm actually in two - 2 month groups.

Anyone understand that?

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Oh my god right.......the waiting is killing me, but it will be worth it I am not patient by nature......yet another thing I am learning with this swap :-)
Old 10-22-2014, 02:27 PM

Looks to me like if you do the 4 month boom it would be about 2 blocks a week (allowing for some planning and mailing time), so the 2 month boom would be 4 blocks a week. As tempting as the quick turn around time is, I work full time so the 4 month boom is probably more for me. Besides I'm planning on participating in a roosting robin w/ a Doctor Who theme (for mine not theirs) that I'm so excited about. Using one of my TARDIS paper pieced blocks for the center. (yes flying my nerd flag high and proud!!!! lol lol lol )
Old 10-22-2014, 03:48 PM

Last block done for Jclinganrey. Now to get them packaged and in the mail.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Doctor Who theme (for mine not theirs) that I'm so excited about. Using one of my TARDIS paper pieced blocks for the center. (yes flying my nerd flag high and proud!!!! lol lol lol )
I love this I have a daughter that is quite the nerd and she is one of my favorite people in the world. Also she is pestering me for a tardis quilt.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:17 PM

Just a reminder that the group size and the swap length are driven by sign-ups. I will generally hold sign-ups open no more than 3 weeks. If I don't get my minimum of 12 people for any group, i won't run it. In the past, I've tried to accommodate everyone but I'm going to make it easier on myself and offer only small groups of preferably 12 to 18, with the option of going to 20, no more. (Large groups of 30 to 35 have been impossible to fill since the mailing changes.) Two month groups are easy to fill but if enough swappers want a 4 month group, I'll run one. So, again, it depends upon what people sign-up for.

Now, to update you on where we are for Clover. We're getting close. I'm still waiting to hear from the final two swappers that their blocks have shipped. I see Nelco has just posted that she's just finished. GroovyPieces usually waits to the end of the swap but she always gets hers here on time so I'm not concerned. Remember, although I promise to mail out your blocks early if they all arrive early, everyone has the option of using every last day of the swap. As long as they are in my hands on Saturday, all is good! I plan to do the final sort on Monday with a likely mailing date to you on Tuesday.

ArizonaKAT - Rec'd
Bibliostone – Rec’d
Billi - Rec’d

Bluelady - Rec'd

Difergie – Rec’d
Gaijin - Rec'd
Groovy Pieces - should be shipped this week
Jaba - Rec’d
Jclinganrey – Rec’d
Joanelizbay – Rec’d

KatskidinWi - Rec'd
Libster – Rec’d
Mollymunchkin - Rec'd
Moonrise – Rec’d
Nelco - done with blocks, will ship soon
Seasaw2mch – Rec’d
Sunrise450 - Rec'd
Terriamn – Rec’d
TravelingGramma – Rec’d

Urgodschild2 - Rec'd

Have a good evening, swappers. I'm off to google to find out what the heck a tardis quilt is! (See, the boom expands minds as well as skills!)

Last edited by Janice McC; 10-22-2014 at 04:20 PM.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I love this I have a daughter that is quite the nerd and she is one of my favorite people in the world. Also she is pestering me for a tardis quilt.
I have made two TARDIS blocks, and a weeping angel (w/ over 300 pieces in a 12 inch square) and a Galifrey all in paper piecing. I plan on wall hanging / art for the three and the extra TARDIS into a quilt.
Old 10-22-2014, 04:39 PM

Kassaundra, I work full time and every weekend in the summer I went to the lake and even though I had a sewing machine there never had time to use it. First two month swap was nerve wracking because I put to much pressure on my self. After that I just relaxed and was fine. Terriamn
Old 10-23-2014, 06:16 PM

blocks in the mail. sent u tracking #
Old 10-24-2014, 04:47 AM

I checked, package due to arrive on Monday. Thanks, Nelco.
Originally Posted by Nelco View Post
blocks in the mail. sent u tracking #
Old 10-24-2014, 11:29 AM

So next week we should have the blocks? Not sure why Im in a hurry, my quilter is taking a 2 month vacation until after the lst of the year so I wont get to have anything quilted before then Oh well...only have 2-3 booms I haven't had quilted yet.. this will make 3! Im ready for the next boom!! Sign me up!