Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - April - 3 month group >

Boom 14 - April - 3 month group

Boom 14 - April - 3 month group

Old 02-25-2015, 07:03 AM

That's a very pretty block for Crafty!!!
Old 02-25-2015, 11:34 AM

Very nice blocks Billi
Old 02-26-2015, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Sea I did not take any offense at all to the being accurate I'm always fighting it, one of the reasons I like appliqué is I'm not cutting off points on my block edges. But I do keep trying and it is getting better I've found that my cutting is part of my problem talk about needing to get back to basics.

LOL I'm laughing at that because that is the reason I started doing the applique, I kept cutting off the points. But the first applique I did was a Dreden and the blades came so close to the edge of the block it seemed that it would be hard to sew the blocks together without catching the tips so I learned real quick to print the pattern sized for a size smaller block so I have plenty of space around the pattern and it didn't interfere with sewing the blocks together. Yep I cheat! LOL but it's better that way some times. It's better known as "Tricks of the Trade". LOL

BTW love me block, thanks so much!
Old 02-26-2015, 04:55 AM

Billi, is your block for Sea machine appliqued or hand? I cannot tell from the photo.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:48 AM

OK, my heart skipped a couple of beats! I'm sorting the March group's blocks into the proper envelopes for mailing and discovered that one person in both groups had mixed up blocks between the groups. When I did the original count, both packages came out to 15 so I checked no further. Oops, count was right but they were in the wrong envelopes. Anyway, it's straightened out thanks mostly to the fact that almost everyone put their name and the block owner's name on every package so it made short work. That's really important so if you haven't yet mailed your blocks to me, please make sure every block is properly labeled!!! Also, if you are in multiple groups, always separate both groups into their own plastic bag. Don't put one group in a ziplock baggie and put the other blocks loose inside the mailing envelope. It's much better to have both groups in their own large, ziplock-type bag.

Also, don't forget to double check that your blocks are coming out at 12 1/2 inches and that you've cleaned them up and are nicely folded in their individual packages. Thanks!
Old 02-26-2015, 08:16 AM

Just wanted to say THANKS Janice for taking pictures of my blocks for me! I am back to using my old computer so next swap I will be able to take my own pictures..Now I have a new computer and can't use it because Windows 8 is the worst!! And thanks to all you talented ladies for the blocks you have made for me..that fabric was the worst for making blocks so I appreciate all you hard work!
Old 02-26-2015, 09:11 AM

Nana, one of the things that irritates me the most with Windows 8 is you cant leave the NUM lock on when you shut down for the night so every time you start it up again you have to remember to push the NUM lock or your sign on/password might not be right and the only way to update it is to "add to the registry"....duh...whats that?? I DO NOT like 8 either!!!!

Ok....am I the ONLY one that has a horrible memory??? I was thinking I had to get some more WOW because I was getting low...was hunting thru one of my stashes last night and there was a whole 15 yard bolt of WOW in there. I don't remember putting it there, don't even remember ordering it but was SURE glad to find it!! Maybe I better check ALL my stash hiding places and see what else Ive "forgotten" about!!! LOL
Old 02-26-2015, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Billi, is your block for Sea machine appliqued or hand? I cannot tell from the photo.
It's machine appliqué I'm not much for hand work. Thank you ladies I'm glad you like them here is one more I did last night this whole not sleeping thing is great for getting things done but hell on my disposition during the day. This is for Moonrise
Attached Thumbnails 2015-02-26-10.09.48.jpg  
Old 02-26-2015, 10:46 AM

Billi my sleeping pattern is all screwed up also. Went back on my sleeping pills and was still up sewing at 1:30 this morning. Finally was tired enough I would sleep and went to bed. Then this morning I'm sitting in my chair and next thing I know had napped for 2 hours. I have felt good all day, first time in a week and a half. Still look funky with the band aids on my face (biopsies) and large pink rash on my arm ( shingles vaccination) but no sore throat, runny nose etc. might even go down to my sewing cave
Old 02-26-2015, 11:40 AM

Ouch Terri I hope they all come back clean. I'm currently sitting in the second Dr of the days waiting room with Mr Bill to see if we can finally find out what's going on with him