Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 01-25-2015, 04:14 PM

This block is for AZKat. It is called "Carolyn's Screw-Up". About half way through the paper piecing...it ran off into the Rhubarb beyond the tall grass.......and I made every effort to save it without using up your fabric. It's actually kind of interesting and on the money 12-1/2" square. What do you think Kat? Has Bee gone buzzy or would you keep this? I have plenty of your fabric to make a second....or send home to you. The WOW fabric looks great with it....hard to read here/

Bee
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507663[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boomerang-14-block-made-azkat.jpg  
Old 01-25-2015, 06:38 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]507679[/ATTACH]

Re-sized Photo - Success! I think I finally got it done. Re-sized the above photo....and it worked. Janice let me know if this meets your size requirements.

Thanks,
Bee
Attached Thumbnails boomerang-14-block-made-azkat-resized.jpg  
Old 01-25-2015, 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Libster View Post
This appliqued garden boot is for Buzzy Bee. It has a 3D pull strap and a big button for decoration . I like the way it turned out. I hope your Mom likes it as well.
Wow Libster, I want one of those!!!! It's going to be one beautiful quilt once Bee gets all these blocks together.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:25 AM

Default Posting Pix for LJDugas31

For DiFergie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507686[/ATTACH]

For BeeBeatty
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507687[/ATTACH]

For Jaba
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507688[/ATTACH]

For Joanelizbay
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507689[/ATTACH]

For NanaKathy
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507690[/ATTACH]

For Libster
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507691[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails ljdugas-difergie-march.jpg   ljdugas-beebeatty.jpg   ljdugas-.jpg   ljdugas-joanelizbay-march.jpg   ljdugas-nanakathy.jpg  

ljdugas-libster.jpg  

Last edited by Janice McC; 01-26-2015 at 04:36 AM.
Old 01-26-2015, 04:45 AM

Default More Pix for LJDugas31

For ArizonaKAT
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507693[/ATTACH]

For Elisabrat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507695[/ATTACH]

For Janice McC
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507694[/ATTACH]

For TravelingGramma
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507696[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails ljdugas-azkat.jpg   ljdugas-jj.jpg   ljdugas-brat.jpg   ljdugas-tg.jpg  
Old 01-26-2015, 06:26 AM

LJDugas - your colors match perfect for each block and fabric. This groups' fabric selections really ran the gambit - soft to loud colors! that is one reason I love this group.
And now that I am done with my blocks, I am making more blocks for my teal quilt, and binding my pile of UFO's. And then I wonder.....what fabric will I send out next boom!!
Old 01-26-2015, 08:01 AM

I have cut and sewn all the little half square triangles for my last block which is teal and white. will sew them together today. Yesterday I got so busy with .... life? that I had to run run run all day. By the time I was cutting this block set out 16 of them! I was worn out and knew if I tried sewing those rows together I thought I will make mistakes and get angry and what point is that? so.. today is the last block and I will send it all back to you Janice on Wed (pay day). I am so glad I have this finished before I go in. This is a lucky day for me!!! yahoo! yipppeee! I love completing things ON time and early in fact. It is worth the extra effort to me and the relief of knowing.. I didn't make a mistake and forget something. I forget things... a lot. at 53 this is amazingly difficult to get. I feel so much older somedays! I hope you get a bit of sewing in. I love these swaps and the chats that come about while doing them.

Bee Beatty that is wonderful you have figured out how to resize your photos. I still have to put mine on facebook then copy paste them here. Nothing seems to work otherwise for me but I guess that is not too hard to do. Keep trying right?
Old 01-26-2015, 08:02 AM

ps I found working with the teal and white was the hardest to do. Do you ever have more trouble with one fabric than another? I get scared with tone on tone and solid colors! its like omg now you will truly see mistakes if you look for them. Did an Amish style block once black and solids and it was a very scary venture for me!
Old 01-26-2015, 11:45 AM

Bee, both your pix are just fine: one is 101kb, the other 70kb. Just remember to shrink pix coming directly from your iPhone or camera as many of them are over 1 or 2 megabytes and are a hassle to work with. Anyone sending me photos should also shrink them to 100 kb and put them in jpg format. The pix I posted for LJDugas came to me as enormous files and took forever to get through my ISP which is super slow. Before I could even post them I had to shrink them down to 15 percent of their original size or I'd still be waiting for this page to load.
Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]507679[/ATTACH]

Re-sized Photo - Success! I think I finally got it done. Re-sized the above photo....and it worked. Janice let me know if this meets your size requirements.

Thanks,
Bee
Old 01-26-2015, 12:14 PM

Reminder! Be sure you are reading the color requests you have received with your f8s. If you don't want to follow them, or chose to override their wishes, it would behoove you to contact the fabric owner BEFORE you make their block. The fabric requests are written for a reason!