Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >
  • Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

• Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 12-13-2014, 10:52 PM

Yikes.. this new job is kicking my butt! A bit more intense than I planned, or hoped for! Each day has been about 10 or 11 hours long, in addition to my personal stuuf.. Monday going to dog obedience class and then Friday night I teach a quilting class..
    I am beat!
    I even worked for a few hours today. Conference calls..
    BUT!! got the fabric washed tonight, I should get it cut and packaged tomorrow and in the mail.
    I did want a job, I NEEDED a job, so i shouldn't gripe too much..
    So, I won't mention it again!
    I have decided, after looking at my fabric, that there is already a LOT of red or pink in it. So I would love to see more of the cheery bright blue, the background and or the yellow added to the blocks. But, that is a small preference, just add what you think looks best! And of course white would look lovely too. Ahhh.. heck.. LOL.. do what ever ya want!
    Old 12-14-2014, 12:58 AM

Fabric continues to come in. Way to go boomers!

shall I tell you where I am? I'm at sis's house, on the floor of her room, under blankets to keep from waking her. I got an emergency call from her at midnight. Her butt is being kicked by her cancer right now. She's going to begin chemo again but the waiting is tough. Pain pills aren't doing the job tonight so I'm moral support for sis and our mom. No sleep for me tonight.

Last edited by Janice McC; 12-14-2014 at 01:04 AM.
    Old 12-14-2014, 05:12 AM

Blue lady starting a job is never easy. Hang in there. Besides that getting on a work schedule is hard to adjust to.
    janice, my heart hurts for you in this difficult time. Cancer is hard on everyone.
    Old 12-14-2014, 09:01 AM

Janice, I truly do feel for you. Its so hard being on the other side of things, holding hands, smiling when all you want to do is cry. My heart goes out to both of you.

I have my fabric ready! now to put it in zip locks and then to actually mail it. That is the bigger challenge lol. ok its all a challenge. Keeping me on my toes and on track. I need that in my day still thinking on the background color. thinking medium brown and promise to send a sample of the color so that one mistakes what I am hoping for. I hear that often people ask for peach and get bold bright orange or in one case yellow and got red. so please read the color choices that people are asking for it will keep everyone so very happy !
    Old 12-14-2014, 11:57 AM

Good luck Bluelady you are a good reminder that I need to thank God every day that I have been able to retire.

janice hope your sister appreciates your support, what a wonderful sister you are.
    Old 12-14-2014, 12:01 PM

Thanks for the support. It helps. Sis is a bit better now after the oncologist returned my call at 4am (good doc, that one!) and tweaked her meds. She's sleeping soundly right now, a blessing after last night. Better days to come, I hope.

Originally Posted by Janice McC
    Fabric continues to come in. Way to go boomers!

shall I tell you where I am? I'm at sis's house, on the floor of her room, under blankets to keep from waking her. I got an emergency call from her at midnight. Her butt is being kicked by her cancer right now. She's going to begin chemo again but the waiting is tough. Pain pills aren't doing the job tonight so I'm moral support for sis and our mom. No sleep for me tonight.
    Old 12-14-2014, 09:56 PM

Janice, I am sorry to hear about the pain your sister is facing. Bless you for being there for her.
    Old 12-15-2014, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty
    Ok .....now this is too small....love computers

Just a note on the UFO Christmas Sampler Quilt.....it is ready for binding! Will finish sewing binding together tomorrow and start on Monday evening after dinner......puff....puff.....puff....I'm gonna' make it by Christmas eve.....at least that's my story and I am sticking too it!
    The challenge is on, Bee!

Finished my Christmas UFO over the weekend! The laptop quilt turned into a Queen size bed quilt. The blocks on top came from the Boom where I sent all holiday fabric. The rest I added to finally get it the size I wanted.

First pic is when I put it on the bed.

Second pic is when I shooed everyone out of my room.
    Attached Thumbnails christmasquiltdogs.png   christmasquiltfinished.png  
    Old 12-15-2014, 09:21 AM

is everyone ready for Christmas? are you making things? like table runners, mats and ornaments? if you have fabric things you have made and well haven't wrapped it yet share them with us! give us ideas! gotta do something while we wait for the boom to start! what is your favorite cookie recipe for the holidays? recipes? share away!
    Old 12-15-2014, 01:19 PM

Linda I Have made 8 loaves of banana chocolate chip bread, only 4 so far of the pumpkin raisin, chocolate crinkles, soft molasses, hay stacks, pretzels with the peppermint kiss and red M&m's, gum drop bark and peppermint bark. Still have the peanut butter Hershey kiss cookies, soft sugar cookies, coconut macaroons, almond bark, fudge and butter brickle bars to go before deciding what new recipie to try this year. I love baking this time of year but with basically a sprained lower back I don't have much stamina right now. Secondpicture is a mug rug for a good friend and first is a hostess present for a young gal with a 2 and 4 year old. Wanted something simple so they can use it every day
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]502657[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]502658[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg