Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - March, 2 month group >

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Boom 14 - March, 2 month group

Old 03-03-2015, 11:51 AM

Oh...Bugger...Drats! Terri - I have received those calls too often lately. It takes courage to face the time spent processing everything after hanging up. These are difficult times. I have so much empathy and understanding. Seems the best armor is big heart and a caring spirit......and you definitely have that! Praying for your comfort and wisdom. Thank you for sharing that with us all

Much Love - Bee
Old 03-03-2015, 12:52 PM

Terriamn..hugs and prayers!
Old 03-04-2015, 09:33 AM

Terriamn I send my prayers to you. and your husband. I know how hard bad news is. I know the time it takes to absorb it. some of us get it instantly and others need to think on it. It sure makes you think that is absolutely the truth. I had a colonoscopy and the swelling in your belly afterwards is not good and the cramping even worse. Your back surgery does not sound like it will be easier either. what a rotten day that will be but hoping you both come through as best as possibly hoped for. I am so sorry girl.

I love seeing all the blocks and then going to the page with everyones blocks shown on it.. its a oh I wish I had done that. I do apologize for that monkey fabric. I never chose pastels at all. never tiny prints either. but.. its not for me. and sometimes you cant pick the fabrics. My other two baby quilts are bright florals. I am very happy with those prints! pastels are so not me! but with a cute monkey in the middle it should be alright when I am all finished. and with a yellow binding it will brighten up somewhat. somewhat lol.
Old 03-04-2015, 10:57 AM

So sorry Terri....any kind of illness isn't good on the emotions. Hopefully they will get it taken care of and find that they don't have to see you again! I still have a 1 1/2" x 4 " open wound from when I had my surgery but it IS healing and feeling better all the time...it DOES get better and believe me prayers help!!!! (and friends
Old 03-04-2015, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
So sorry Terri....any kind of illness isn't good on the emotions. Hopefully they will get it taken care of and find that they don't have to see you again! I still have a 1 1/2" x 4 " open wound from when I had my surgery but it IS healing and feeling better all the time...it DOES get better and believe me prayers help!!!! (and friends
So True Joan....keep the faith! And know you have friends here. - Bee
Old 03-04-2015, 12:06 PM

Default Shipping Change

I planned to mail out your completed blocks tomorrow, on schedule, if Bluelady's blocks came in today. Unfortunately, her package did not arrive in the 2-day time frame despite being Priority USPS so that will throw off my mailing to you. As I am to go out of town tomorrow, mailing to you will have to wait until Monday. I had planned to have everything packed up tonight and ready to go to the post office on the way out of town in the morning, but that won't happen now. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you.

I don't know about you all, but I'm pretty well irked.
Old 03-04-2015, 12:25 PM

Janice I have sent packages fed ex 2 day priority to my sister here in the same day and ocenit took 3 days and another time it was 4 days. So frustrating. Yet yesterday clinic sent out info to me on upcoming procedures and they were here today. Go figure.

Thanks everyone I appreciate all your good thoughts and wishes. It really helps lighten the load.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:41 PM

Terri,
That was not the news I wanted to hear but I will keep thinking about you and wishing you successfull proceedures and a fast recovery.

Janice,
please do not stress things happen I know everybody did their best but the post office and weather did not cooperate. I sent a birthday card to my youngest Friday only 500 miles away she still does not have it :-( hopefully tomorrow,

Kat and Kass, I talked to mr Bill about the Chiro once we have all the test results and we are sure it will not cause a problem he will try it thanks for the advise.

I know I did not officially join the ufo challenge but I wanted to share my finishes anyway. A while back I saw something on this board(i dont remember where) the gist of it was "better to be imperfectly finished than perfectly unfinished" so I finally sucked it up put my fear aside and trimmed and bound these two quilts. I have another one trimmed and the binding cut then only 4 more to go. They are far from perfect but I learned something on each of them and it feels so damn good to have them done. I'll probably post better pictures when I have help here to hold them up.
Attached Thumbnails 2015-03-04-17.36.21.jpg   2015-03-04-17.36.02.jpg  

Last edited by Billi; 03-04-2015 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Pictures
Old 03-04-2015, 06:35 PM

Billi your quilts are gorgeous.

not the news I wanted either but now that the shock has worn off and I have received such wonderful messages and prayers I'm hangin in there
Old 03-04-2015, 10:42 PM

Oh Janice. I am so sorry the package did not arrive. I feel horrible about being the last and late. I do enjoy these booms so much, but I shall not join another one. Maybe if life ever settles down I will try again so day.

Terriamn, healing prayers sent your way..