Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 11-22-2014, 09:12 AM

Good Morning Boomers! Each year our town has a "Small Town Christmas" celebration the Saturday after Thanksgiving! This year our Main Street USA team created this artistry to present the event! It is so wonderful I just had to share it with my Booming Buds. I love our town....buzzing again! Bee [ATTACH=CONFIG]499849[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sweetwater-small-town-christmas..jpg  

Last edited by Bee Beatty; 11-22-2014 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:16 AM

Just to note: My husband and I owned a gift shop downtown to the left of Cooney's Corner almost 5-years. I love this town! <3
Old 11-22-2014, 11:29 AM

I feel like a grade schooler today. I came across a new concept for me, putting a simple block together like a 4 or 9 patch, then cutting it apart and reordering the pieces and sewing back together to form a new pattern. So today I brought some colored construction paper, tape, rulers, and paper scissors, so during my down time I am cutting and taping colored paper.
Old 11-22-2014, 11:57 AM

Bee that's awesome.. Have a great time at the celebration.

Kassanudra you are in good company I even buy coloring books for myself I say it's for appliqué designs........but I color in them too. Hahaha
Old 11-22-2014, 02:24 PM

Bluelady,

Still believing for a good job for you! I know the stress of where you are...have been there before. You are in my prayer box for this week ahead!

Be courageous!

Bee

Originally Posted by Bluelady View Post
alas, January through April, I will be unable to do commit to making that many blocks. I may not be able to do much sewing at all. Provided I find a job..
Negotiating on a job now. I am in desperate need of one right now. Close to losing the house and much more.
I do have plenty of stash to do the swap. Just if I get this temporary job, it will take too much of my time. But next June or so, I should be able to jump back in! I do love these swaps!
Old 11-22-2014, 03:20 PM

Bee Betty so fun, thanks for sharing it
Old 11-22-2014, 05:28 PM

Kassaundra, that's how I felt a while back when I realized it was "OK" to make something and then cut it up and make something new, like a grade-schooler. I'm not very adventurous. But just last month, I was playing around, and made a slab of fabric from scraps, just for fun. I have no idea if I'll ever use it but it's hanging in my little sewing area and I just like looking at it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]499925[/ATTACH]

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I feel like a grade schooler today. I came across a new concept for me, putting a simple block together like a 4 or 9 patch, then cutting it apart and reordering the pieces and sewing back together to form a new pattern. So today I brought some colored construction paper, tape, rulers, and paper scissors, so during my down time I am cutting and taping colored paper.
Attached Thumbnails slab-copy.jpg  
Old 11-22-2014, 05:58 PM

I love it! I like to try different things with blocks but that block is great Janic e
Old 11-22-2014, 06:07 PM

You just never know what fun thing will be posted when you check-in here Kassaundra, Janice...love the "outside the box" aspect of quilting. The first two quilts I finished were for my Jake and Lilia who live in Japan. They visited with my daughter for two months in the summer of 2012 and we all worked on a quilt for each of them to take back to Japan. We got them all finished, except for stitching down the binding on my daughters quilt...she did that on the plane on the way home. I was so proud....however, having them and the quilts fly out of here so fast it seemed...left a whole in my heart. When my daughter got settled back in at home....she called and said,"Mom look in the bedroom closet - on the shelf inside the blue pillow case ----I left you a gift from us." She had sewn together scraps from each quilt, so I could remember. Oh, here I go blubbering again. <3<3<3 Needless to say I quilted it and hung it in my sewing room.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]499927[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails grandchildren-quilt.jpg  
Old 11-22-2014, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Kassaundra, that's how I felt a while back when I realized it was "OK" to make something and then cut it up and make something new, like a grade-schooler. I'm not very adventurous. But just last month, I was playing around, and made a slab of fabric from scraps, just for fun. I have no idea if I'll ever use it but it's hanging in my little sewing area and I just like looking at it!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]499925[/ATTACH]
Looks like the makings of an awesome surprise quilt back or an opportunity to practice some embroider skills, ala crazy quilt.