Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 11-23-2014, 12:12 PM

Travelinggramma, the way you are w/ black I am w/ white and wow fabric. I am going to have to go out and get some for this swap. I do not think I have ever sewn and wow fabric into a quilt.

The swaps have me sewing w/ quilter's cotton fabric now to, at least for the swaps. For myself I sew with all kinds of fabric.

Right now I am making a pieced curtain out of upholstery fabric, if I ever get that bright idea again I hope someone stops me, 6 layers of upholstery weight fabric isn't very fun! But I know no one will have my curtain! lol
Old 11-23-2014, 12:52 PM

Here's my 18"X11" F8 for Boom 14 2 month group. I'll send my color preferences with each F8. This rainy weather makes for a very dull picture. I promise it's brighter than the picture shows it.
Attached Thumbnails boom14-001-2-.bmp  
Old 11-23-2014, 03:53 PM

Ohh very pretty Libster
Old 11-23-2014, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Heres my fabric for Boom 14, both groups. I just fell in love with it! Ive put a note in with the packets about colors. Cant wait to start ..Jaba Im a twin and my sons wife had twins...SO much fun!!! Glad you are with us this time too and LJ..and EVERYONE!!!
Thanks I love this swap cant wait to begin.Have to pick out my fabric.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:34 PM

I love these swaps....must, I have done them since I joined the board! And I even washed my fabric this time! now that is amazing. Both fabrics are cut and folded and put in a ziplock bags, labeled and are ready to go. Well I think they are ready, I'm guess-timating at the number but I can always add more. I'm sure our little twins will be very happy and wrapped in love from all of you.
lj your fabric is always awesome! I have seen it, played with it, sewn blocks with it and ended up buying it myself I liked it so much.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:55 PM

Jaba we think alike,you always have great fabric to,and I love your work! TWINS!!!! WOW so happy for you.Love your fabric so fun to make baby themed blocks.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:37 PM

Libster,

Very soft and elegant fabric. These swaps are so much fun because we get to work with so many different ideas for a variety of fabrics. Really nice choice of fabric. Looking forward to getting the your notes on this one.

TG, enjoyed reading about your travel plans..what fun!....you go girl!

Bee
Old 11-23-2014, 07:41 PM

Jaba, you are fast...and I didn't get the ready ....set......go......horn yet...... Will be my sincere pleasure to make blocks for your Twins!

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
I love these swaps....must, I have done them since I joined the board! And I even washed my fabric this time! now that is amazing. Both fabrics are cut and folded and put in a ziplock bags, labeled and are ready to go. Well I think they are ready, I'm guess-timating at the number but I can always add more. I'm sure our little twins will be very happy and wrapped in love from all of you.
lj your fabric is always awesome! I have seen it, played with it, sewn blocks with it and ended up buying it myself I liked it so much.
Old 11-23-2014, 07:53 PM

Calling DiFergi.......where are you????? What will you do these winter months without the opportunity to make Boom Blocks with the girls! And who wants to do the winter without the expectation of the "big squishy" coming in the mail when the daffodils are blooming...... No boom blocks to spread out on the design wall.....no unusual fabrics to play with......nothing to do but stare at the UFO's while packing your bags to continually go on that guilt trip.

I say, "let's play"!...and if its UFO's that are calling your name....well then....take the UFO Challenge.....your king bedspread (80% done by the way).....finished before you start Boom 14 Blocks!

Think carefully my friend........it will soon be time to get your Boom On!

Bee's Boomin" Again,
Old 11-23-2014, 10:23 PM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
Bluelady,

Still believing for a good job for you! I know the stress of where you are...have been there before. You are in my prayer box for this week ahead!

Be courageous!

Bee
Oh thank you Bee. I have the second interview with boss higher up the food chain tomorrow. If I get this job I will thrown into a whirl wind as it is the busiest time of year for them. Dec thru April 15 is crazy daze!

I have been looking at all the wonderful fabrics coming out for this boom and thinking what fun this one will be. Your gardening fabric would be a hoot to work with!!
I have been in the booms only for the last four times, and wow... they are getting better every single time! Janice has doing an awesome job holding this all together for us. I see I still have a few more days to decide....