Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 11-30-2014, 07:09 AM

I would love a pp block like difergi it's hard to believe someone wouldn't. I will be thrilled with whatever is created for me. I would prefer nothing 3-d only because I have my quilts professionally quilted and I prefer to not pay for the custom quilting that may require.

Janice, since the blocks for the fast group should be returned to us around the middle of march how about "The Ides of March"?

Ok it's time for me to get ready for some football I love football Sunday's have a great day everyone
Old 11-30-2014, 07:14 AM

I have never had a quilt professionally quilted I didn't even think about that, so I forget who has the garden tool print is 3D okay??? I may be able to modify my idea to flat, I'll have to do some thinking on that.
Old 11-30-2014, 01:56 PM

Kass,

I am the one with the garden tool print...and I would love a pp block...3-D, appliqued ---- don't be afraid to go outside the box on this one! Actually, I have been thinking a lot about this today. Time in my quilting room is so wonderful!. The blocks from this Boom will become my Mother's throw to use when sitting on her porch near the garden area. She is 84, has excellent health - other than worsening loss of cognitive function. My brother built her a 1 bedroom cottage that connects to the main house via a patio and garden area. She loves to sit on the porch, even on chilly days. I am sure this spring, she will direct the planting from her rocking chair ...so this will be perfect for her. I will create a pocket for the throw to hold her phone and door key (she has to have both with her at all times). Thinking about ways to do that.

I know her and even though she is difficult on her best days and has 10% of her hearing (will not wear aids of any kind....no way), repeats things 581 times a day-----she can still multiply and divide quicker than me and is fascinated by the world around her----maybe for the first time that I can ever remember.

So yes! please make this block full of gardening fun ---bright colors, very patchy, pp'd, applique ---the sky is the limit. You have my permission make this fun! She will love it! I am making a couple of sample blocks to give some perspective. I will send notes with F8's.

Bee
Old 12-01-2014, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
FYI, In a couple of weeks, I'm going to take down the Boom 11 Gallery so if anyone wants to check it out, now's your chance. The URL is below in my signature along with Booms 12 and 13.

Also, we need a name for each group. Anyone have any ideas???
Well maybe it's my age speaking but I think the simpler the better. If we stayed with Boom 14, fast group and Boom 14 slow group it would be just fine with me.
Old 12-01-2014, 07:20 AM

LOL, well, that would make it easy, wouldn't it. Thanks, Sunrise.
Originally Posted by sunrise450 View Post
Well maybe it's my age speaking but I think the simpler the better. If we stayed with Boom 14, fast group and Boom 14 slow group it would be just fine with me.
Old 12-01-2014, 08:50 AM

Worked on my UFO Christmas wife quilt over the weekend. It ended up to be a 92" queen quilt . . .
Old 12-01-2014, 10:01 AM

I love the pp blocks but I can not for the life of me get the hang of doing it. Love receiving new and old patterns both so sew away. Excellent weekend with granddaughter from Illinois and her boyfriend who are the same age as my son and daughter in law so I had the "grandkids" while they visited...GOOD to see granddaughter..wish it could be more than once or twice a year. Cant believe the kids were outside Sat with no coats on, hunting for a Christmas tree then Sunday its only 30 degrees...crazy Mo weather!! My grandkids wanted the Elf on a Shelf thingy so I bought it for them. So far the "lil elf" has spilled the flour on the counter and made flour angels, been in the candle holder that looks like a jail, hung from the chandelier and last night the little minx tolietpapered their Christmas tree!! I died laughing when I saw that picture. Id never heard of the "elf on a shelf"...bet they get tired of it before Christmas is over!! Im ready for some quiet time and SEWING!!! Boom 14 or 15 or whatever is good for me but so is any kind of name you want to call us.....wait...maybe that didn't come out right... LOL
Old 12-01-2014, 10:05 AM

Default Sign-ups close in FIVE days...

This is a reminder that group sign-ups close on December 6th at 11:59 pm ET. Anyone who is fence-sitting, please don't wait too long!
Old 12-01-2014, 11:27 AM

I am signed up for the three month group. =)

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
Ruthie,

Are you signed up for the 2 month, 3 month or both?

KAT
Old 12-01-2014, 11:31 AM

I used to hate hand stitching until just recently, too, Kassaundra. I picked up a hand pieced pattern and actually found that I really enjoyed it. It is crazy how much our likes and dislikes can change over time.

I have magazines or books that I bought years ago and now, when I look at them, I cannot figure out what pattern I liked in the first place because NOTHING appeals to me now.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post

I just saw fussy cut hexies for the first time a few weeks ago, and if I didn't hate hand stitching so much I think I would be so hooked on them.