Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 11-17-2014, 09:13 AM

Bee Betty your gardening fabric is great. If I ever say u need to buy fabric for another boom again will someone please shame me. Good grief I dug in the back of a closet and there was a huge box of fabric I had forgotten about. To top off all the yardage there were 5 yes 5 full bolts of fabric. Think I bought them for backs but since I never finish anything don't really need backs.��
Old 11-17-2014, 09:14 AM

This fabric will be used for my daughter-in-laws quilt. Her favorite color is teal, with lavender a second. Found the patterned teal material, and then matched up with the solid colors. I will be sending out the teal solid fabric requesting using a WOW or white fabric with it. I will be making up the purple fabric with the same patterns I am making for yours.
Attached Thumbnails teal.jpg  
Old 11-17-2014, 09:26 AM

OMGosh. Too funny - and right there with you!
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
..... but since I never finish anything don't really need backs.😞
Old 11-17-2014, 10:57 AM

I've been thinking - oh, gosh, say it ain't so - that since we have a new person in our group, AND I've got at least 2 other newbies thinking about joining, we tell just a bit about ourselves to help break the ice.

I'll go first. As everyone who's been in these Booms will tell you, I'm a firm believer in "why say in 10 words, what can be said in 50". Ok, go ahead anyone and deny it! lol. I've been quilting since about 2000 but it's only been in the last few years that quilting has become my primary hobby/obsession. Before that it was counted cross stitch. Still love it but i find quilting gives me more of a creative outlet. I'm married for 33 years, have 2 grown sons, 2 dogs (a mutt and a pibble) and (the alpha-female of the group) a 14 year old cat. As mostly everyone knows, I didn't start the Booms but took over about a year ago and find some weird thrill in organizing events like this. A big part of my life now is also helping my sister and my mother. Sis has stage IV ovarian cancer being "managed" by chemo and mom is 84 and frail. I seldom get to join swaps as I have to be prepared to drop everything as needed. Oh, and I love coffee. A day cannot begin without it - or my husband may refuse to speak to me until I have a cup and can make an iota of sense!

Next?

Last edited by Janice McC; 11-17-2014 at 11:02 AM. Reason: punctuation/spelling as usual
Old 11-17-2014, 11:27 AM

Hi, I am Kassaundra, I live in central eastern Oklahoma, have several pets (3 1/2 dogs and a cat) the 1/2 dog is my sister in law's dog we dog sit for often when she joins her husband on the road for work. I have been married for 23 years. I love to crochet in addition to quilting, I used to do mostly apparel sewing, but seldom do that any longer. I love to garden and have chickens and rabbits (I also have a featherless chicken, yes completely naked). I am a paramedic and love my job most days. We have no children, but plenty of nieces and nephews. This is my first boom, and I am new to this site and this thread. I have participated in several swap both quilting and crochet on another site, and have hosted a few.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:29 AM

Oh and as you might be able to tell from my signature line I am a huge Whovian, and a lover of all things chocolate.
Old 11-17-2014, 11:37 AM

ArizonaKAT here . . .

As my name would suggest, I've moved to Arizona about 8 years ago for a job. Before then I lived in Ohio on a 20 acre farm with my horses. Brought the horses with me and promised them I would take them back to green grass and winter snow for retirement. It would appear that's going to happen in late spring or early summer of next year.

I can't remember when I started sewing. I know it was on my GMs treadle. I collect antique and vintage machines and non of the machines I own are newer than 1960s. I sewed everything from all my school clothes, kids clothes, wedding dresses, home décor, etc. Made quilts for all the kids when they were younger but didn't really get into "quilting" until it became a challenge between KATSKid and myself.

I drive a pickup truck. I do NOT have too many horses or dogs. My GD and I live in the desert where dust storms are the norm. So if you get a little "sand" in your package from me . . . I'm sorry.

ArizonaKAT
Old 11-17-2014, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT View Post
ArizonaKAT here . . .

As my name would suggest, I've moved to Arizona about 8 years ago for a job. Before then I lived in Ohio on a 20 acre farm with my horses. Brought the horses with me and promised them I would take them back to green grass and winter snow for retirement. It would appear that's going to happen in late spring or early summer of next year.

I can't remember when I started sewing. I know it was on my GMs treadle. I collect antique and vintage machines and non of the machines I own are newer than 1960s. I sewed everything from all my school clothes, kids clothes, wedding dresses, home décor, etc. Made quilts for all the kids when they were younger but didn't really get into "quilting" until it became a challenge between KATSKid and myself.

I drive a pickup truck. I do NOT have too many horses or dogs. My GD and I live in the desert where dust storms are the norm. So if you get a little "sand" in your package from me . . . I'm sorry.

ArizonaKAT
or sewing machines or fabric . . .

or UFOs . . .
Old 11-17-2014, 01:48 PM

I was born and raised in Missouri, my familys been in Howard Co since 1855 but I fear Im the last one to stick it out as everyone else has moved on. I use to sit and watch my Granny Hawkins quilt for hours..she had one of those hugh wooden frames set up in her living room. When she died in 1969 I got her tredle sewing machine but over the years I had given it to my sister to "refinish"...not thinking that she would throw away the actual machine! I still have the cabinet though. Started quilting off and on in my teens but really got started again in 1990's... I go in spurts, doing nothing but quilting, other times I put it up for awhile and do other things like refinishing furniture, babysitting etc. I LOVE fabric, love making designs, love giving them to loved ones and friends! AND I love the friends on here who have helped me so much!! Not married, have a 31 year old son, 49 year old daughter, 3 grandkids in their 20's, 3 grandkids 10 and 1 - 17 months PLUS 3 great grand kids. 6, 4, 1...like having two families! Quilting has probably probably kept me sane...or so I try to believe Im sane.....
Old 11-17-2014, 02:38 PM

I'm originally a Sandlapper from SC, transplanted to NC to become an avid Tarheel. My DH and I were married for 47 years. I lost him 7 years ago. We have 3 children, 6 grandchildren and 2 greatgrandchildren. Love my babies!
My grandma taught me to sew on her treadle also. By the time I was a teanager , I was making all my own clothes. She also taught me to crochet and knit. I still have her set of steel crochet hooks. I love to crochet, I'm way to slow with the knitting. Quilting is my main love though. And, of course, I have a very extensive stash. IMHO, you can NEVER have too much fabric!! (Or quilt gadgets.)
My ECA Club does a lot of charity work, which I enjoy doing with our other members. I also love gardening (the veggie kind). Okay, I'll quit now.