Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 11-17-2014, 04:15 AM

Bluelady wishing you the best of luck on finding a job.
Old 11-17-2014, 04:22 AM

My fabric will be a repeat, more bright with circles for my granddaughters bed. Was surprised at how many blocks I need for a full size bed quilt. Fabric is washed and ironed. Will cut and wrap it today
Old 11-17-2014, 06:00 AM

These are sign-ups as of this morning:

2 month group

1. Billi
2. TravelingGramma
3. BeeBeatty
4. Libster
5. Terriam
6. Seasaw2mch
7. Joanelizbay

3 month group:

1. Billi
2. Terriamn
3. Seasaw2mch
4. Joanelizbay
5. Bibliostone
6. Kassaundra

Everyone who emailed me should have rec'd a reply by email. Just sent the last few. Thank you for joining the swap.

Last edited by Janice McC; 11-17-2014 at 06:05 AM.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:22 AM

Terriamn, I think the very first Boom block I made was a block for your granddaughter's quilt. Kept all the photos. Will go back and look.

I am making a king size sampler quilt with the blocks from recent Booms. It will finish at 112" x 112". I did a 4" finished sashing between the blocks, using 5, 12 inch, finished blocks each way will require 25 total. That gets me to 84". Then add a 6" finished border of half-square triangles or flying geese (using scraps from the block fabric) taking it to 96". I am thinking from there to add an 8" off-white background border (same as block background and sashing-and contrasting binder - finished gets me 112". This will go on the long arm. Most battings I have found for king are max 120" square. Have to leave enough grab-room for the long arm. I ordered 200 thread count warm white muslin for the backing. Making these quilt tops has given me a better understanding of as to why blocks need to be finished and squared up to an exact 12 1/2 inches.

Hope your Mother is finding more good days than difficult ones. Good to be swapping with you again.

Bee's Buzzing Again

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
My fabric will be a repeat, more bright with circles for my granddaughters bed. Was surprised at how many blocks I need for a full size bed quilt. Fabric is washed and ironed. Will cut and wrap it today
Old 11-17-2014, 07:36 AM

Its fun to see fabric choices early on....starts the creative energy growing. One question: I recall some discussion about how to prepare individual F8's for distribution. In wrapping the F8, I should have clearly visible who the F8 is from when sending to Janice/Swap participants. Instructions and who is to receive F8 (from posted list) is not to be visible from the outside? Need a refresher on this.

Thanks Bee
Old 11-17-2014, 07:59 AM

So Janice I have a question and yes I realize that I am asking this very early in the sign u, and I'm just throwing the idea out there.

If for some reason we get very few participants for what ever reasonnets say 12 or less per group, would it be possible to double up.? Like we would each send 2 f8's out to each participant and we would each make 2 blocks for each other.
Old 11-17-2014, 07:59 AM

Good morning, Bee. Each sender should put their name on the f8 they are sending. It doesn't matter to me whether it's on the inside or the outside but it should be visible to me. Also, the name of the recipient should NOT be on the package unless a particular fabric is being sent to a particular person. IF all f8s will be the same, such as your fabric and Kassaundra's, no need to label with the recipient's name. (Besides, groups change in a moment's notice!) But if you recall Jaba's fabric in the last round, she had various flowered fabrics and she did have one or two that she wanted sent to a particular person. Those she labeled specially. The rest I just doled out randomly.

Also, now is a good time to remind everyone that color requests are just that, requests. i would encourage everyone to try to abide with the color requests as closely as you can but there is going to be the one person in every group that does his or her own thing. It almost always happens. It is also easier for a person to abide with color requests if they aren't too specific. For example, a person might request "red" but requesting "fire-engine red" might lead to some difficulty.
Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
Its fun to see fabric choices early on....starts the creative energy growing. One question: I recall some discussion about how to prepare individual F8's for distribution. In wrapping the F8, I should have clearly visible who the F8 is from when sending to Janice/Swap participants. Instructions and who is to receive F8 (from posted list) is not to be visible from the outside? Need a refresher on this.

Thanks Bee
Old 11-17-2014, 08:06 AM

Billi, you gals are too much! I've considered the possibility. Yes, it's possible, but not until we see how sign-ups go. Besides, if i say "yes" now, half of you will jump on that bandwagon and the groups will be filled almost instantly. So many of you are just so darned quick with your block-making! lol. Seriously though, let's give it a bit of time. (We just got AZKat for both groups. Yeah!) We're moving along!
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
So Janice I have a question and yes I realize that I am asking this very early in the sign u, and I'm just throwing the idea out there.

If for some reason we get very few participants for what ever reasonnets say 12 or less per group, would it be possible to double up.? Like we would each send 2 f8's out to each participant and we would each make 2 blocks for each other.
Old 11-17-2014, 08:19 AM

Good morning, Ladies!

Weekends are my sewing time and I go "off the grid". Saturday was spent at Animal Control getting Rabies updates and micro chips so I was a little behind on my Jacobs Ladder Boom. Got caught up on Sunday right before the Walking Dead so didn't get any chance of opening the computer.

Just saw this post this morning and signed up. Another set of blocks for my wall of shame. Been collecting and saving red and white and black and white fabric for two separate quilts. Thought I would chose one of those for this boom.

The red and white was suppose to be used for the bed quilt to go with my Christmas topper . . . that ain't gonna happen this year.

The black and white is going to go with my (I think boom 12) black, white and yellow topper that is residing on my wall of shame right now. I'm planning on having this quilt done by the time I retire (in May) and move back up north to the cold weather with the kids.

Bee,

I am here and I accept your challenge! I'm going to run home tonight and work on my Christmas quilt . . . well I'll drive home, it's pretty far.

KAT
Old 11-17-2014, 08:38 AM

AZKat,

Hahahaha....yes, I agree...no running when you can drive instead! Ok then...we are on.....for midnight, December 24th...photo finish ! And great to be swapping with you again!

Bee