Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early) >

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Boom 14 - Sign-Ups Open Thru 12/6 (or sooner if spaces fill early)

Old 11-22-2014, 08:37 PM

Love those colors and what a thoughtful gift she left for you.
Old 11-23-2014, 06:45 AM

Bee, I'm so NOT an "outside the box" type person; that's why this little departure brings me a surprising amount of pleasure. I'll definitely do this again when I want to play.

Mirroring K's comment, what a lovely surprise gift!
Old 11-23-2014, 07:48 AM

I am usually so far outside the box I'm not even in the same time zone as the box. I participate in the swaps b/c they force me to at least be in the same room as the box. lol lol lol
Old 11-23-2014, 08:41 AM

Heres my fabric for Boom 14, both groups. I just fell in love with it! Ive put a note in with the packets about colors. Cant wait to start ..Jaba Im a twin and my sons wife had twins...SO much fun!!! Glad you are with us this time too and LJ..and EVERYONE!!!
Attached Thumbnails new-fabric.jpg  
Old 11-23-2014, 09:19 AM

Oh so pretty, it almost looks appliqued already.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:05 AM

Janice,

I am HAVE NOT been an outside the box person at least most of my life, however now that I am officially retired I have tendency to venture outside the box more often...and just shake the box off and go ride the wave! I am actually thinking about that concept for this Boom fabric. Lots' of patchy, colorful, playful and unusual blocks to celebrate my Mother's gardening life. The sky is the limit with this Boom.....just must be 12 1/2 Inches square -up!

Bee

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Bee, I'm so NOT an "outside the box" type person; that's why this little departure brings me a surprising amount of pleasure. I'll definitely do this again when I want to play.

Mirroring K's comment, what a lovely surprise gift!
Old 11-23-2014, 10:08 AM

Yes,...this is the kind of fabric I buy.....beautiful! Can't wait to play....

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Heres my fabric for Boom 14, both groups. I just fell in love with it! Ive put a note in with the packets about colors. Cant wait to start ..Jaba Im a twin and my sons wife had twins...SO much fun!!! Glad you are with us this time too and LJ..and EVERYONE!!!
Old 11-23-2014, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
Janice,

I am HAVE NOT been an outside the box person at least most of my life, however now that I am officially retired I have tendency to venture outside the box more often...and just shake the box off and go ride the wave! I am actually thinking about that concept for this Boom fabric. Lots' of patchy, colorful, playful and unusual blocks to celebrate my Mother's gardening life. The sky is the limit with this Boom.....just must be 12 1/2 Inches square -up!

Bee
I'm glad to hear that b/c my idea for your fabric isn't in the box to much, and I was a bit concerned about that. Really hoping my idea works, I'll have to try it out on some other fabric first just to make sure what is in my head translates to fabric.
Old 11-23-2014, 10:45 AM

I do have a back up idea in case it doesn't work.
Old 11-23-2014, 12:00 PM

Outside the box - hmmm. I live in a Fifth Wheel Trailer!! I never left the town I grew up in, never ventured far. I worked in accounting and very structured, always knowing what I would be doing at any given time.
In 2013 we left our jobs and moved in, sold the house and have been going since! We call our style - semi-retired cause we take jobs along the way. I love meeting all the people from all areas of life. I love leaving the "drama" of the small town and workplaces behind. I follow wherever the Lord leads and He hasn't disappointed yet!
I took up quilting while on the road when my hands wouldn't let me do counted cross stich any longer. I so enjoy the boom groups and learning to play with different fabric and new ideas. You all have helped me experiment with paper piecing, applique, and colors. I can still recall the first swap when someone wanted only black. I didn't even have black and couldn't grasp using only black ---- until I saw the rest of the blocks together and then WOW!
So now I try to think around the box a little bit, and although a traditionalist and still very structured in my quilting, am more than willing to sample different things!