Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 11-13-2015, 04:46 PM

The quilt and sewing expo is here and I have taken 4 classes. One teacher was really good but I feel the other 3 classes were table mates teaching each other. For the price very frustrating. One didn't even have a pattern for what we making, she will email it to us when she completes it
Old 11-23-2015, 08:06 AM

Today was quite a monumentous day, I applied for Social security. Guess that means I am officially retired. Hooray

what is everyone doing for Thanksgiving, we will have two of the kids and their families here. It will be loud and boisterous and then go silent once they leave. Sometimes I really miss all the noise and excitement then I snuggle under a quilt and take a nice nap and wake up and smile thinking of the fun of old and enjoying reality.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:33 PM

At this campground, the tables are set up for ten people. you sign up to be at one of the tables. Then the "hostess" of the table makes sure we all bring the basics and no duplicates. The campground will have the meat and gravy. So of course we all bring a lot of food and have what we like!! It is a lot of fun, getting to meet new people and know others better. Heard today there will be a impromptu jam fest afterwards. So far there are 10 tables (some with spots purposely open for those newly arrived campers!)
Then on Friday we meet up again and everything goes on one long table and we try to eat up everyone's leftovers! Followed by multiple games of Mexican train.
8 years ago we had spent a few days in Alabama and spent Thanksgiving there. Had a blast, but lost track of the people at the table. 4 years later we were 5 miles out from town on a hill in the desert in AZ sitting around a campfire. We recognized one couple and spent quite some time trying to figure where our paths had passed. Yip - around the Turkey table!! love my life. Hope whatever you choose to do, or who you choose to spend time with, let it be full of thankfulness.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:56 PM

TG, just read your post to Dh and he said ahh the perfect life. His folks were Holiday Ramblers.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:34 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
TG, just read your post to Dh and he said ahh the perfect life. His folks were Holiday Ramblers.
Love it terriamn
Old 11-30-2015, 08:28 AM

Hello Boomers! Wow how time flies.....I can't believe is been such a long time since my last post here. Been super busy with family and other visitors this fall. Looks like things will be calming down and Mr. B and I will settle in for a nice relaxing Christmas with local friends and family. Mom is doing same....taking her a small tree for her room this afternoon. Kid a quick read of past posts, still need to read further. Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to our next quilting adventure. Would love to see projects everyone is working on.

Here is my next project to come off the finishing board. This is a mini-quilt I started during out retreat art quilting class. Still have to tack down a couple of the embellishments and shadow-box frame it for a Christmas gift. I named it Snow Day Celebration!

Love to you all,
Will check in more often to stay in touch over the holidays! Love to hear from everyone!

Bee[ATTACH=CONFIG]536740[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sheep-snow-day.jpg  
Old 11-30-2015, 08:43 AM

I should be doing ufo's, but am I .................... no I started the BH mystery!
Old 11-30-2015, 08:45 AM

I posted that before I finished. Bee, that is adorable!
Old 11-30-2015, 09:17 AM

Bee love your sheep.

we had our first snow and of course dh is away for work. Shoveled all and paying the price. More snow on way, looking for a service to come out. Been working on my embroidery instead of sewing blocks together
Old 12-01-2015, 07:09 AM

I love the trees and the red bird too. Bee! Happy, happy!
Well, it's December 1st. Everyone all set? Only 3 1/2 weeks left before the Big Day! Let me be the first to say, "Merry Christmas, Everyone. I love all of my quilty friends. May you all make this a happy, safe holiday season filled with good food, family, friends and love. Stay warm, snuggle with your quilt."