Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 01-27-2016, 06:47 PM

The padded envelopes went up to $6.80.
Old 01-30-2016, 01:05 PM

Joan, Bibliostone is right. The shipping cost is $6.80 for the padded priority envelopes we generally use. The paper priority envelopes are only $.35 less so it's not worth switching to those IMHO as they are not as trustworthy as the padded ones. The padded envelopes themselves are still "free" but considering the increased cost of shipping, that might be debatable.

Tests are done. Just waiting for results probably late this week. Will let you all know when I do.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Originally Posted by joanelizbay View Post
Janice, I just heard that priority mailing went up Jan 16th? Have you heard how much the mailings will be if we do a new boom??
Old 01-31-2016, 06:40 AM

No joy around here right now. I am not overly pleasant to be around. Week and a half ago I had the reroot canal and was in acute pain for two days till dentist called in antibiotic. Now have two fractures in foot, plantar fasciitis and heel spur. No going downstairs to sew for a bit. Dh must have got tired of my frown and brought me up some of my old quilting magazines. Not life threatening just no energy from dealing with a couple of weeks of severe pain.
Old 01-31-2016, 07:31 AM

Terri, have you ever had a bone density scan done? I ask because i had stress fractures in both feet once.
It was due to me having osteoporosis.
Because of that it took 5 months for my feet to heal and to be able to walk again.
Bones in the feet heal slower than other bones in the body.
Old 01-31-2016, 11:17 AM

Flowergurl I just had a bone density test and the results were great, even surprised my doctor. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:00 PM

Gee, Terri, what a rough 10 days! Pain in your teeth/mouth AND in your feet. If either of those things hurt, it's bad but to have both at about the same time, well no wonder you are unhappy. Here's to hoping for a swift recovery from both. Hugs...
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
No joy around here right now. I am not overly pleasant to be around. Week and a half ago I had the reroot canal and was in acute pain for two days till dentist called in antibiotic. Now have two fractures in foot, plantar fasciitis and heel spur. No going downstairs to sew for a bit. Dh must have got tired of my frown and brought me up some of my old quilting magazines. Not life threatening just no energy from dealing with a couple of weeks of severe pain.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:07 AM

Thanks Janice, had another dentist appointment for Wednesday and decided to whimp out of it. Told receptionist to give me a few more weeks before rescheduling it. My dd said why don't you just get it done now while you are already hurting, reply was because I don't want to kill somebody.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:00 PM

I completely understand...you've had enough for now!
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Thanks Janice, had another dentist appointment for Wednesday and decided to whimp out of it. Told receptionist to give me a few more weeks before rescheduling it. My dd said why don't you just get it done now while you are already hurting, reply was because I don't want to kill somebody.
Old 02-04-2016, 08:15 AM

Excellent news. First of all and most important, my family member has been declared in excellent health, despite 10 months of indications otherwise. Woo hoo. What a relief!

Secondly, I've rec'd the go ahead from the QB for Boom 16. I'll post the sign-up thread probably mid-week next week. We'll see if we can pull together a nice group of people for the next boom. Just an fyi, all rules for Booms will remain the same. When sign-ups go up, please review the entire first post for more details. Previous Boom members already know how this works.

I look forward to seeing some familiar names and maybe some newbies!
Old 02-04-2016, 08:54 AM

Thank God. Wonderful news Janice I am so happy for you.