Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 07-08-2015, 07:26 AM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
That's a good area to be in you should see the SeaWorld fireworks every night these stores are all participating in the row by row the first three are about 20 minutes from where you are staying in the East County mine and quiltaddicts neck of the woods and are not far from each other. Of those three Rosies is the biggest with a very,very large selection with rooms dedicated to asian prints, civil war, and kid prints my favorite is the selection of san diego prints that you can only get at Rosies. The 2 after that are further away maybe 40 minutes in the north county. Quilt in a day is also very large with a huge room dedicated to reduced priced fabrics.

Rosie's Calico Cupboard
7151 El Cajon Blvd. Suite F
San Diego, CA 92115
www.rosiescalicocupboard.com

Cozy Creative Center
756 Jamacha Road
El Cajon, CA 92019
www.cozycreative.com

Memory Lane Quilt Shop
1626 N. Magnolia Avenue
El Cajon CA 92020
www.memorylanequiltshop.com

Quilt in a Day
1955 Diamond Street
San Marcos, CA 92078
www.quiltinaday.com

Fat Quarters Quilt Shop
728 Civic Center Drive
Vista, CA 92084
www.fatquartersquiltshop.com

Best beach in San Diego also voted one of the best in the nation is Coronado if you go take the time to visit the hotel Del its absolutely beautiful. I also love La Jolla Cove. be warned we do not have what most people think of as warm water its currently running about 68 degrees and I am most people I never get in our water till about August.

I hope you enjoy our beautiful city. If you come to the east county shops and would like to meet for coffee or tea send me a pm if things are good I would love to see you. But I also understand if things don't work out.

Also just thought of this I'm not sure when you are here but comicon starts today. Its downtown at the convention center. If you hate crowds and do not want to deal with traffic or busy restaurants avoid that area. However it is a never ending source of people watching entertainment.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I think we need a quilters masochism movie a'la, "50 Shades of Grey", we could call it "50 Angles of Bias". I just finished Muse's block. Your block screamed for attic windows, it took a while to find the "sweet spot" in the print where I could make the cross cuts w/o loosing a birds head. That is the smallest hst I have dealt w/ they are 1 inch raw, so 1/2 inch finished!!!! I hope you like how it turned out.
Kass that is an amazing attic window absolutely beautiful work.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:32 AM

Biblestone awesome blocks they are all very pretty. I love how three of us thought about a traveling trunk idea you were the brave one to try it you are a champ.....It may not look like you wanted but its still pretty.
Old 07-08-2015, 09:24 AM

Biblio....You are such a kind heart to make a second block. But you did not have to do that....because I love your idea for the first one and it may not be what you wanted....however it is unusual and does say traveling - which this quilt will do! In the second block, I realize how much I do like the rich "chocolat" brown with the 2 fabrics. Awesome! I love each block that is made for the "Boom 15 Quilt"they are all part of the story. Thank you!

Kass....you did a great job on the "window" block....really great with that fabric! Nice work!

Great color choices Joan on Terriamn's block! You have a really good eye for color combination.

TG ...you are really going to have a bright and cheery quilt there...nice blocks so far!

Lucky Alf...finishing up your block today...will post later on!

Good News Janice! Just hearing that you and your family had a good day....is music to my ears! Those days are precious! Wishing you a basket full and running over with good days!

Onward Bee!
Old 07-08-2015, 09:42 AM

Kass... I love the attic windows you made for my block! I'm so so sure I'd have the courage to make that small of a section with 1 1/2 inches. Gorgeous!

Biblio... Great blocks. I like the traveling truck show block too. The browns are gorgeous & I love the Paris block.

Billi ... Thanks sew much for the wonderful suggestions & all of the quilt shops that are participating in the row by row. Fun! Not sure exactly what all of our plans are, not quite organized yet. You all are so helpful & kind! Thanks a bunch!
Old 07-08-2015, 10:39 AM

Thanks for all the kind comments. Love the attic window block with the cardinals.
Old 07-08-2015, 12:48 PM

Lucky,

Here is your block. I would like to take credit for it, however my daughter is rightfully due. I now know what it is to work for a designer There are two photos here...one is without the butterflies...the other shows placement of the butterflies if you would like to add them. She fussy cut them to be fused and stitched down if you decide you would like them. They will be included in the squishy. The colors are more true purple than pictured. Hope you like it!

Bee

[ATTACH=CONFIG]524636[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]524637[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boomerang-15-block-made-lucky_alf2-without-butterflies.jpg   boomerang-15-block-made-lucky_alf2-butterflies.jpg  
Old 07-08-2015, 02:58 PM

Biblo - loving the block - it will go with the other and it is coming together better than I could imagine!! Great work
Old 07-08-2015, 04:11 PM

Oh my Kass and Bibl ....those blocks are outstanding!! I finished 2 more tonight...one of them was about to drive me nuts but after 2-3 redos its finished.....Lucky this is really NOT pink like it looks in the picture..its more a mauve. Hope you both like these!!
Attached Thumbnails lucky_alf-boom-15.jpg   biblestone-boom-15-3-month.jpg  
Old 07-08-2015, 08:02 PM

TravelingGma, the first time I saw your fabric I thought about the childs drawing w/ crayons to make your hand look 3D, that is the inspiration for this block. I love how it has turned out. The hand is applique. Hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0201.jpg