Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 07-12-2015, 11:50 AM

3 more finished for this group. Kassandra, Bee, Moon.. Probably wont get anymore done for a few days...just NOT in the mood right now to sew and we ALL know what happens if we are NOT "in the mood" Glad everyone is having good vacations. Hot sticky and humid in Missouri, shucked and froze 60 ears of corn yesterday. Grandkids helped till they saw the lst worm then they wouldn't have anything else to do with it!!. Took all 4 to see Minions movie yesterday and even the 2 years old behaved very well! Trip up to see my 90 year old cousin and take her 6 sacks of sugar for her hummingbirds...she said shes using a sack a day but it keeps her happy and active! The grandkids loved the birds flying around them...Hope they will remember these things as they get older..sometimes I don't think we are making the kinds of memories with our kids like we grew up making and its sad...so much craziness in this country now days...glad Im a "country" girl at heart!! sorry..but in a blah mood and think its either time for a nap or time for a drink!! And Jaba, sorry but I guess I didn't read the "light colors in fabric"...just read it as colors in fabric. wish I had more fabric to make you more but I used every bit of your fabric...sorry..
Attached Thumbnails bee-boom-15-3-month.jpg   kass-boom-15-3-month.jpg   moonwork-3-month-boom-15.jpg  
Old 07-12-2015, 03:05 PM

joannelizbay - I soooo understand the "not in the mood" . I have finally got the binding on the last boom swap and hopefully will get it sewn down and then pictures. Haven't felt like 'getting everything out" so haven't. then hubby is sitting in my sewing room, watching tv (a bit too loud for my taste) blah blah blah.
So go and make memories. The key is to remind them every now and then and it will stick better! I am known for bringing out the pictures (phone) when we are in the car and let them go through and reminisce. It is the simple things we all remember, and it always amazes me what my children recall (and how they recall it). Now its time for the grands.
Old 07-12-2015, 03:09 PM

FlowerG, I have all your hst wrangled into an autumn tree, I hope you like it.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0221.jpg  
Old 07-12-2015, 04:01 PM

Hello my friends I hope you are all having a nice Sunday, I have spent mine in my sewing room not taking apart everything I do. Today was a good day!

My first blocks are done for Rosebud and they are both for bibliostone. Yes I know rosebud is only 1 block but here is what happened.....The second I saw your fabrics I knew what I was going to do I happen to have an accuquilt and a train die and a giraffe die, either fabric and I was golden, orange and pink awesome giraffes are mostly orange. I was giddy I was so excited. I was only going to do one giraffe on pink and surround it somehow.....it just wasn't working for me so I came up with the first block 2 giraffes and some fussy cut hippo and turtles cool I liked it. One down but I just kept looking at all the really cute left over fabric and knew I could do some more fussy cuts and a second block and not have it look like an after thought, so I did.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]524971[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]524972[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails bibliostone.jpg   bibliostone2.jpg  
Old 07-12-2015, 04:08 PM

Those are just adorable!
Old 07-12-2015, 04:59 PM

Thanks Billi, they are just too cute. I think the quilts are going to come out fantastic!
Old 07-12-2015, 05:20 PM

Joan great blocks I love Bee's I'm having a tough time figuring hers out I know what I want to do......can I pull it off? IDK but I'm going to have to try at some point. Kass Awesome tree. I wish I was an artist.

Bibliostone I'm glad you like them they sure tickled me as I made them
Old 07-12-2015, 05:30 PM

I do love it Kass thanks, it is a beautiful tree ! What is a hst tho?
Great blocks Joan and Billi.
Old 07-12-2015, 05:33 PM

half square triangle
Old 07-12-2015, 05:40 PM

Glad you like it, originally I was going to make some fall leaves, but then saw a tree block and thought why not make a whole tree. lol