Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 07-11-2015, 11:44 AM

Kass, wonderful block. My niece had told me she loves "chevron". So I was going try to work it into the finished quilt top. This block gives ne some perspective for doing that. Thanks, I love it!

FYI everyone.....family all meeting at Litchfield Beach for 10 days. Bringing my graph paper to work on quilt designs....will get back to making blocks on the 20th.....however will be checking in here daily to see all the blocks being made...beautiful work here.

I have completed four quilts with the blocks from the swaps I have participated in and they become more sentimental and special to me each time I see them. It would be difficult to part with them.

Beach bound Bee
Old 07-11-2015, 12:02 PM

Bee have a wonderful vacation. I have been gone 10 days now and really ready to head home

Last night was my birthday/ retirement party here at the lake. Hubby had even arranged for a friend to provide live entertainment. The weather cooperated and a great time was had by all. Turned into a very late evening and even with minimal adult beverages we are pretty wiped out. Time to go home for some peace and quiet
Old 07-11-2015, 12:02 PM

Sorry folks, I've been MIA for a bit. This household is utterly discombobulated. Sis had to go back into hospice this afternoon after a couple of horrible days. We hope she'll feel well enough to come home early next week. In the meantime, I'll double check on flowergurl's missing block for Jaba. I apologize for the oversight but please everyone, please EMAIL me if you spot an error. Also, I'm behind on reading posts so I'll try to catch up by the first of the week. (The iPhone is always with me but I seldom use it for checking the board. PMs get attention last, emails first.)

I'm just thrilled with all the lovely blocks you are making! What a great bunch of boomers! Thank you for your wonderful efforts.
Old 07-11-2015, 12:58 PM

Oops, I forgot to remind everyone to PLEASE follow color requests and to check for neatness and sizing. Thanks.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:01 PM

Hi , everyone!! Great blocks. Loving everything I am seeing. I have a few blocks done. Haven't been feeling well so not much sewing. Next week hope to get a lot done.
Old 07-11-2015, 02:53 PM

I'm sorry to hear your sister is so ill. Hugs and prayers for you Janice!
Old 07-11-2015, 02:56 PM

I hope you have a speedy recovery LJ and feel well enough to enjoy doing more blocks soon!
Old 07-11-2015, 04:14 PM

Thanks Flowergurl.Feeling better today!
Old 07-11-2015, 06:10 PM

Glad you are better LJ, feeling under the weather is not great at all.
I need to remind you ladies....please use light soft colors. If you need me to send you some just ask, I really want to use these blocks. This particular quilt needs to be very soft. Don't mean to step on toes, and apologize if I have but I have also read your notes and tried to do what you have asked. If I haven't please let me know and I will gladly redo it. I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings but color choice is important to all of us I think. Just my opinion...sorry opening my mouth again
Old 07-12-2015, 03:21 AM

Jaba, this is an ongoing problem in every boom. I find that sometimes boomers only half read the notes and don't realize they've done exactly the opposite of what was requested. So please, everyone, read and then reread the requests and try to work within the parameters. If you cannot, please contact the fabric owner to discuss it.

Thank you!
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Glad you are better LJ, feeling under the weather is not great at all.
I need to remind you ladies....please use light soft colors. If you need me to send you some just ask, I really want to use these blocks. This particular quilt needs to be very soft. Don't mean to step on toes, and apologize if I have but I have also read your notes and tried to do what you have asked. If I haven't please let me know and I will gladly redo it. I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings but color choice is important to all of us I think. Just my opinion...sorry opening my mouth again