Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 07-14-2015, 08:30 PM

Thanks Billi, I saw a picture but no pattern, so figured it out from the picture. That is a great sunflower. All the blocks being posted are great.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:10 PM

Kass LOVE my block!!!!!
Old 07-15-2015, 12:36 AM

Billi that sunflower is awesome !!
Thanks so much for making it for me.
I wish i were more acomplished so i could make blocks with more intricate designs like the ones you girls make.
Maybe one day i'll get there.
Old 07-15-2015, 03:17 AM

Took a few days off and so many posts!! Billi - love the cars and use of the stripes. This will be some awesome quilt! Much better than if I had to make all those blocks from the same stripes!
Kass - the basket is unreal. Always saw the log blocks as same width on both sides but this really is cool.
Got to spend an afternoon with the grands on Monday - and yesterday I got sewing done. Have to take my table down as we are having a family get together Thursday and need all the tables we can come up with. Will be a very busy weekend, but looking forward to it.
My left cataract is out and eye is doing fine. I am being really good and following all doctors instructions. Right one is done next week. Picked up some magnifying glasses for reading. A lot of eye issues in this group!!
Old 07-15-2015, 03:27 AM

Here are my three finishes:Fussy cut was the name of the day
Cuppy - you sent the pieces of gray and I searched for a block where I could use them. This is Nonesuch. Have taken it apart too many times to count. But it is good to go. Glad I have to take a picture since it kept showing me when I laid it out wrong!
Quilt Addict - took me some time to find the right pattern for your squares. Then I made it up and realized the pattern was to have a border around the outside edge so I added the inner rows to make up the size.
Bee - Loved working with your fabrics. Tried to incorporate the lace and colors in there.Wanted that warm romantic feminine feel to it Think I got it.
Attached Thumbnails cuppy.jpg   quilt-addict.jpg   bee.jpg  
Old 07-15-2015, 04:12 AM

TGma, great blocks, perfect colors and shapes for the fabric.
Flower, your blocks are great, love it when beginners join the swaps, a block doesn't have to be complicated or intriquet to be stunning. As in most areas of life many times less is more.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:04 AM

FG, I'm glad you like it and seriously appliquè is pretty easy if you are interested in dresden plate watch the Jenny Doan Tutorial sunburst dresden that's what this is without the smaller triangle part. I was concerned about how small the pieces would have been. But you do what want I agree with Kass simple has its own beauty and there is room for everything. One of the reasons I keep joining the boom swaps besides the social aspect is I know I'm going to get a variety of styles ranging from very traditional, to way out of the box, and everything in between. I'll get very complicated with several pieces to simple and straight forward......it makes for a really pretty and really interesting sampler quilt.

TG You are welcome I had fun with it and I can't wait to see the finished quilt it's going to be really cute. Also great blocks they are all pretty but I Love cuppy's
Old 07-15-2015, 02:29 PM

Joan what's the name of the very pretty block you made me? I love the colors you picked to go with it.
Old 07-15-2015, 02:32 PM

Thanks for understanding girls. I am glad you like basic blocks because that's all i'm going to attempt right now.
My goal is to try a few new blocks at a time and work towards doing the more difficult blocks as my skills
grow.
Billi i did pick up a the tool for making a dresden plate, I just haven't been brave enough to try yet. LOL
Old 07-15-2015, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Flowergurl View Post
Thanks for understanding girls. I am glad you like basic blocks because that's all i'm going to attempt right now.
My goal is to try a few new blocks at a time and work towards doing the more difficult blocks as my skills
grow.
Billi i did pick up a the tool for making a dresden plate, I just haven't been brave enough to try yet. LOL
Just keep in mind even the most complicated block is one seam at a time. And when you are working w/ your fabric (so no pressure) it is just thread and fabric, you can always "repurpose" the pieces into something "one of a kind" if what your attempting doesn't work.