Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 07-13-2015, 05:39 PM

Kass...."freezer camp day"?
Old 07-13-2015, 06:46 PM

Harvesting my home grown meat.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:42 PM

Jeeze Terri that is scary I'm so glad you made it through this one unscathed.

"Harvesting my home grown meat" Kass I do not even want to know the details of that adventure.

Great blocks Joan I love the one you made for Quilt addict.

One more done and probably the last one for a bit I've been playing in my sewing room and not taking care of business.....next couple of days is chores I'm almost out of clean undies. hahahahahn

This is for TG I love kids quilts and had fun with your stripes even if they did intimidate me at first.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]525095[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails travelinggrannma.jpg  

Last edited by Billi; 07-13-2015 at 07:44 PM. Reason: words are not my friend
Old 07-13-2015, 08:19 PM

Love it,so cute!!!
Old 07-14-2015, 02:53 AM

Terriamn, I'm so glad nobody was hurt! I know it's only "stuff" but it's so upsetting and frightening. And to think you've gone through this before! Let's hope that's the last of the bad storms for a longggg while. (How's the pup? Fully recuperated?)

Joan, your block for QuiltAddict is beautitful. What's the name? I'm not sure I've ever seen it before. Works great with QA's fabric.

Billi, love the cars and the way you "spun" the fabric in the center.

This round we're seeing so many more applique blocks than usual...nice change! Each Boom is a little bit different and this one is standing out to me as more non-traditional. Good to shake things up once in a while! Great job, boomers!

Jaba, my mother had some injections in her eyes, I was just lucky enough not to be the one to take her to those appointments. The idea of needles close to my eyes...uh, no! But I guess we do what we have to, don't we?

Sis is still in hospice but they've put her on a pain pump which is helping tremendously! Early yesterday morning I went before the sun was up and she was sitting up, talking to a nurse, eating some food and she laughed. Holy cow! Looks like she'll be coming home in a couple of days when her meds are fully tweaked. She wants out NOW but she'll have to call a taxi if she plans to leave before they say she's ready. My goodness, what a new day can bring!

Hope everyone has a great new day today!
Old 07-14-2015, 04:47 AM

Billi what a fun block. Janice is right on about all the non traditional blocks and appliqué they are so fun love them all. Wish I could appliqué but it definitely isn't my thing and for thinking outside the box to create a block that is way out of my realm

Janice wonderful to hear that your sis was up and laughing, must have been music to your ears

today I hope to finish the last blocks for another swap then make my block for the block of the month. Tomorrow my granddaughter will be over but might be able to squeeze a block or two out for this swap
Old 07-14-2015, 07:14 AM

Good Morning boom buddies.

Today is a cleaning day I'm finishing up my second cup of coffee and getting to it. awhile back I had moved my sewing room from a shared space with my guest room to what was my oldest daughters room....I love having an unshared space, but I don't have it the way I want it yet. I don't have the shelving or storage I need so its easily disorganized so some cleaning and rearranging in that room is due as is laundry, dusting and vacuuming the family room and cleaning 2 bathrooms. no fun but its all driving me crazy.

I'm glad you guys like the cars and the appliquèd blocks I like making them it's a way for me to be more creative and still manage to get my blocks the correct size. I just can't seem to make blocks with pieces the way I see them in my head. I sometimes get worried since the last 2 booms I was the only one who did appliquè I was afraid people didn't really want them and thought I was kind of cheating....

Tough couple of days Janice what a nasty roller coaster ride.

everybody have a nice day I have dawdled long enough time to hop too.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:05 PM

The name of the block is "there and back again" block 1064 from 100 blocks volume 11. 1st time Ive made it. Flowers was block 472 from volume 5. This one for LJ Dugas is French Twist from Volume 10, block 989. Thanks for the comments!! I like trying new blocks...keep saying Im not going to buy 100 blocks again because I don't try but 3-4 blocks out of each book but if you like paper piecing and applique and regular piecing it has them all. Not sure if Ill get anymore sewing done but only have 4-5 more for this group then back to a couple of personal quilts Im working on. Stay cool!!!
Attached Thumbnails lj-dugas-boom-15.jpg  
Old 07-14-2015, 03:09 PM

Sorry that was the 2 month group...heres the correct one! Bea I noticed a block turned the wrong way on your block but I corrected it!
Attached Thumbnails ljducas-boom-15-3-month.jpg  

Last edited by joanelizbay; 07-14-2015 at 03:14 PM.
Old 07-14-2015, 04:24 PM

Joan I love them both!!!!