Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group >

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Boom 15 "Rosebud" 3 month group

Old 07-27-2015, 04:31 AM

Good Morning Boomers! I tried re-sizing photos of Joan's and Terriamn's blocks! Fingers crossed...here goes!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]526245[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]526246[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails boomerang-15-block-made-joanelizbay-re-size.jpg   boomerang-15-block-made-terriamn-re-size.jpg  
Old 07-27-2015, 04:32 AM

Ok...I can see them fine on my end...what do you see?

Bee

Originally Posted by Bee Beatty View Post
Good Morning Boomers! I tried re-sizing photos of Joan's and Terriamn's blocks! Fingers crossed...here goes!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]526245[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]526246[/ATTACH]
Old 07-27-2015, 04:35 AM

Bee, wow I am exhausted after having my almost 12 year old granddaughter for a week. Can't imagine how tired you must be after keeping up with two for a month. So sorry they live so far away that must be terribly hard on you. Have they always lived in Japan?
Old 07-27-2015, 04:36 AM

I can't wait to put this quilt together! Love the blocks the way they are working together.....nice addition Terri....
Thanks!

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Umph wonder what size this picture will be, don't know why the second one was so small

Bee I chose the wonderful rich romantic wine color in your fabric for my accent color

[ATTACH=CONFIG]526226[/ATTACH]
Old 07-27-2015, 04:37 AM

Can see them just fine Bee, thanks for the very pretty block, it's fun to see the colors you are all choosing to use
Old 07-27-2015, 04:43 AM

I know everyone is busy the next few months with holidays and family care-giving, however thought I would throw this out there......another Bee's Buzzy idea . Since these blocks for the 3 month group are due late September, anyone want to do a side swap...12 inch Thanksgiving Block?

If any interest...PM me. Bee
Old 07-27-2015, 04:54 AM

My daughter went to Japan after college as a member of the "Jet Program". She taught English Grammar and American Culture. She contracted for one year and loved it so much, she re-signed for another year. In her second year she met a Japanese Baseball pitcher and teacher/coach. They married and so it goes. That was 1997. Jake was born in Japan in 2000 and Lilia was born here in the US in 2004. They come every other year and stay 6-8 weeks in the summer. Both Sherri and Yoshi are teachers ....and yes, I miss them very much....love when they come. We have so much fun. I have learned to pace myself while they are here......and they are good kids. <3<3<3

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Bee, wow I am exhausted after having my almost 12 year old granddaughter for a week. Can't imagine how tired you must be after keeping up with two for a month. So sorry they live so far away that must be terribly hard on you. Have they always lived in Japan?
Old 07-27-2015, 06:17 AM

I see them now Bee..and I love mine! Thank you!! Grandkids are wonderful whether you have them a lot or seldom... don't know what I would do without mine...they keep me "sane"
Old 07-27-2015, 06:40 AM

Kass, I would love to see your la pass last picture you posted it was quite beautiful.

FlowerG, Bee's block is very pretty love the colors you used, so glad you are having a good time hopefully you will want to come play again.

Muse, great bird house I considered that, yours is awesome.

Terri, your blocks for Jaba are so soft, I love the wine color in Bee's and the train bear paw variation is cool too I am so glad that its not just me that is "forced" into a variation block due to some kind of operator error.

Biblistone cool planet fabric and your pinwheel looks like its spinning so what ever it is suppose to be what you did is great.

Bee, very pretty blocks and how awesome for you that you have the time with your daughter and her family take your time with them and enjoy every minute of it. I hate being 500 miles from my youngest I can't image what 10 thousand miles is like. No matter how proud we are of them and how excited we are for their lives deep down we want them closer to us. I know you will love and appreciate any block I make right now its about getting it right and not letting that 12' piece of fabric win. hahahahaha So Thanksgiving side swap is interesting What are you thinking?
Old 07-27-2015, 06:45 AM

Finally got to my last block - Had so many ideas with this one. Wanted the shooting star and made it a bit wonky. Then ran out of fabric so had to add a 2" strip to bottom. And when I said I ran out of fabric i didn't even have a 2" square left!! Kass told me that her nephew's nickname was Hedge, so thus I put it on to hide the change of fabric. not exactly what my head was seeing, but it is what it is. Hope you can use it.
Attached Thumbnails kass.jpg