Boom 17 - OPAL

Old 11-07-2016, 10:28 AM

Just thought I'd better give you some of the feedback I've been receiving on the Opal blocks. Overwhelmingly, the response has been positive. There are still issues with size, wonkiness, short seams, and color requests, but all in all, this is one of the best swaps as far as the blocks themselves go. Thank you to everyone for making this a success. And if you have not yet emailed me with your comments and feedback, I will still welcome it. If there is a problem and nobody tells me, I cannot take steps to fix it. Doesn't mean I CAN fix it, but I'll always try. Thank you for an easy swap from the host's point of view. Yay, Opals!
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Reminder to everyone in Opal, I'd appreciate your feedback on the swap. All info is welcome, positive, neutral and negative. Anyone wishing to share their experience, please contact me at [email protected]. I'd like to know what you think about the swap, about the blocks you've received and also about my role as host. Thanks. And to those who have already reached out, thank you!
Old 11-07-2016, 10:36 AM

Just thought I'd better give you some of the feedback I've been receiving on the Opal blocks. Overwhelmingly, the response has been positive. There are still issues with size, wonkiness, short seams, and color requests, but all in all, this is one of the best swaps as far as the blocks themselves go. Thank you to everyone for making this a success. And if you have not yet emailed me with your comments and feedback, I will still welcome it. If there is a problem and nobody tells me, I cannot take steps to fix it. Doesn't mean I CAN fix it, but I'll always try. Thank you for an easy swap from the host's point of view. Yay, Opals!
❤️❤️❤️ Thank you kind lady for guiding us on this journey. We are indebted to you for your willingness to lead us.

Last edited by GramE; 11-07-2016 at 10:38 AM.
Old 11-07-2016, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
All2Pieces sent me 2/3 of a block that she couldn't finish for me... ran out of fabric. She sent some of her fabric too. So here is what I put together with your "middle", A2P... Hope you like what I came up with!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]561567[/ATTACH]
Sewbizgirl - The point is that you like it. I think it's really pretty with the darker blue. And please, everyone, understand that was her bonus block that I didn't finish. LOL

Well, I'm back home from the trip but still under the weather. Got to go to the post office to pick up my mail. I'm looking forward to getting all my pretty blocks from my long-distance friends. Hope you all like what I created with your fabric. If not, you better tell me so I won't make the same mistakes again.

Cheers!
MJ
Old 11-07-2016, 04:58 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by All2Pieces View Post
Sewbizgirl - The point is that you like it. I think it's really pretty with the darker blue. And please, everyone, understand that was her bonus block that I didn't finish. LOL
Cheers!
MJ
Oh yes! A2P sent a beautiful whole block and this 2/3 of a block. It turned out to be one of my favorites.

I love all of my blocks and hope to be able to put them together asap.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:09 AM

I love seeing what the boomers make with their blocks.
Oh yes! A2P sent a beautiful whole block and this 2/3 of a block. It turned out to be one of my favorites.

I love all of my blocks and hope to be able to put them together asap.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:10 AM

Awww shucks, ma'am.
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
❤️❤️❤️ Thank you kind lady for guiding us on this journey. We are indebted to you for your willingness to lead us.
Old 11-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Power Poster

If anyone's still reading the Opal thread, I thought I'd show you all the kid's quilt top I just put together. Inspired by all of your Boom blocks, I made some for children, for a sampler. My board friend Givio made a couple of the blocks for me. Put your sunglasses on!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]562058[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc03058-small-.jpg  
Old 11-11-2016, 02:25 PM

Yes, we're still reading it. . Fun, bright top. Great job!
If anyone's still reading the Opal thread, I thought I'd show you all the kid's quilt top I just put together. Inspired by all of your Boom blocks, I made some for children, for a sampler. My board friend Givio made a couple of the blocks for me. Put your sunglasses on!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]562058[/ATTACH]
Old 11-11-2016, 04:31 PM
Power Poster

Yes, we're still reading it. . Fun, bright top. Great job!
Thanks. Now to get my Opal top put together!
Old 11-11-2016, 04:34 PM

Very nice, love the bright and happy kid's quilt