Boom 17 - OPAL

Old 08-05-2016, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
Crack me up ladies. I needed a good laugh and thank you. I let my marbles roll and now trying to pick them up. I see some of them rolled her way. Mailed my package today. Yippee, I am not the last.
I switched my marbles for dice, easier to keep track of!
Old 08-05-2016, 10:41 AM

Mailed! Aaahhhh.
Old 08-05-2016, 12:13 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
If I am reading this correct, this group has all mailed and she should be full up by Tuesday of next week with lots of squishies.
I've got that 5 of us still have not mailed... at least, they haven't said so.

Very pretty glass, Mona!
Old 08-05-2016, 12:57 PM

Did some housekeeping today to be prepared for those F8's. Have to be organized in an RV. Most of the stash fits in this one cabinet. However I have another space for the two bags of batting/flannel sheets. My ongoing projects are each in their own Ziploc 15x15 bag so easy to put away and find.
Attached Thumbnails 2016-08-05-09.28.57_resized.jpg   2016-08-05-09.34.21_resized.jpg  
Old 08-05-2016, 02:15 PM

TG you are so beautifully organized I'm so impressed.

Mona love the glass blowing I would like to try that some day too. Can I put my order for a few extra marbles I may need them soon.

Ladies I am mailing on Monday

everyone have a beautiful and productive weekend.
Old 08-05-2016, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
Did some housekeeping today to be prepared for those F8's. Have to be organized in an RV. Most of the stash fits in this one cabinet. However I have another space for the two bags of batting/flannel sheets. My ongoing projects are each in their own Ziploc 15x15 bag so easy to put away and find.
Do you ever drive thru Indiana? I could use some of your organizing skills! What do you leave out & sacrifice to keep your stash while traveling?
Old 08-06-2016, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 View Post
If I ever lose my marbles, I know who to come to.... ooops, you caught me lurking!
Our family loves yard sales. one day when I went to visit my mother she was so excited - and ran in the house and said "you won't believe what I found at the yard sale.....I have been looking for them and finally found them" In her hand was a jar of marbles!!!!! We laugh every time we see them
Old 08-06-2016, 11:37 AM

TG love how organized you are. Many days it takes me longer to find the coordinating fabric then to make the block. I also think "but I remember such an such that would be better ". After lots more looking usually my initial grabs are what I go with.
Old 08-06-2016, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
TG love how organized you are. Many days it takes me longer to find the coordinating fabric then to make the block. I also think "but I remember such an such that would be better ". After lots more looking usually my initial grabs are what I go with.
I have ADD and now TBI so I have to be organized. I misplace everything lately. Once a year I will go through my scrap container (anything smaller than a F8 goes in there) and will cut them down to squares. I will also go through it and see what I really want to save. It makes it so much easier to find fabrics to match all your F8's and gives me more playing time!!
Gram E - yes I do have to be careful on how much I have. No books or excess patterns. I print out patterns and put them in a 15 x 15 Ziploc bag along with the fabric I visualize for it. There are way too many great patterns out there and no way to save them and then find them again! I have been collecting red and white fabrics to make a quilt and now can't recall which pattern I wanted to use!!
Old 08-06-2016, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
I have ADD and now TBI so I have to be organized. I misplace everything lately. Once a year I will go through my scrap container (anything smaller than a F8 goes in there) and will cut them down to squares. I will also go through it and see what I really want to save. It makes it so much easier to find fabrics to match all your F8's and gives me more playing time!!
Gram E - yes I do have to be careful on how much I have. No books or excess patterns. I print out patterns and put them in a 15 x 15 Ziploc bag along with the fabric I visualize for it. There are way too many great patterns out there and no way to save them and then find them again! I have been collecting red and white fabrics to make a quilt and now can't recall which pattern I wanted to use!!
I could have written that paragraph, except for the part about being organized! I am taking notes though. Thank you.