BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN!

Old 08-01-2016, 04:55 AM

Reminder to everyone, please SHRINK your photos down to 200kb or less. We're about to get picture heavy and the huge pic files will definitely be a problem. Thank you!
Old 08-01-2016, 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by GramE View Post
I love this! Do you have a link? Or a page name? My kind of block. If it is or can be difficult it has my name on it. I don't always come out ahead, but I love the challenge & I have a perfect fabric!

Hi GramE

the one I posted http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/2...-star-for.html

Kass posted http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/2...-star-for.html

I saw several of the pillow ticking blocks on this sit you have to kind of hunt for them they seem to all be posted in 2014 here is another cool one

http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html

it is also really interesting to read about them.
Old 08-01-2016, 04:58 AM

That's just how I feel!
Originally Posted by GramE View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]555071[/ATTACH]
Yeah!
Old 08-01-2016, 05:01 AM

Trying this again...uggg. Sorry, Billi, your name was attached to All2pieces. Thirty lashes with a wet noodle for me.

Opal, 2 month group

All2Pieces
Billi
GramE
Jaba
joanelizbay
Libster
Ljdugas
Lstew2212
Lum
MonaG
moonrise
NanaKathy55
QuilterMomma
Sewbizgirl
Terriamn

Topaz, 3 month group

Bibliostone
Billi
GramE
Jaba
joanelizbay
Libster
Ljdugas
francie yuhas
Ibex94
Janice McC
Kassaundra
mollymunchkin
moonrise
moonwork42029
NanaKathy55
QuilterMomma
Muse&Sew
Seasaw2mch
Terriamn
TravellingGramma

The next step will be my email. In it will be my mailing address so you can send your F8s. When you get the email, please hit REPLY and so I know you've read it and understand the dates and the rules. Be looking for it as soon as this afternoon.

Thanks, Boomers!
Old 08-01-2016, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
Trying this again...uggg. Sorry, Billi, your name was attached to All2pieces. Thirty lashes with a wet noodle for me.

Opal, 2 month group

All2Pieces
Billi
GramE
Jaba
joanelizbay
Libster
Ljdugas
Lstew2212
Lum
MonaG
moonrise
NanaKathy55
QuilterMomma
Sewbizgirl
Terriamn

Topaz, 3 month group

Bibliostone
Billi
GramE
Jaba
joanelizbay
Libster
Ljdugas
francie yuhas
Ibex94
Janice McC
Kassaundra
mollymunchkin
moonrise
moonwork42029
NanaKathy55
QuilterMomma
Muse&Sew
Seasaw2mch
Terriamn
TravellingGramma

The next step will be my email. In it will be my mailing address so you can send your F8s. When you get the email, please hit REPLY and so I know you've read it and understand the dates and the rules. Be looking for it as soon as this afternoon.

Thanks, Boomers!

and here I thought I had just fallen "All to pieces" hahaha
Old 08-01-2016, 06:32 AM

Originally Posted by Billi View Post
Hi GramE

the one I posted http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/2...-star-for.html

Kass posted http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/2...-star-for.html

I saw several of the pillow ticking blocks on this sit you have to kind of hunt for them they seem to all be posted in 2014 here is another cool one

http://civilwarquilts.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html

it is also really interesting to read about them.
Cool I just saw the picture that link would have been helpful while designing. I made mine from a Goodwill man's dress shirt, it took 1.5 sleeves.
Old 08-01-2016, 08:00 AM

well it looks like all the storms are gone so maybe I can stay on long enough to read through the posts here.

Lstew: Asking questions isn't being difficult, that is how we all learn. Now, waiting for fabric squishes to get here, that's difficult!!!

Mollymuchkin: I don't think that block has a name but I call it Boxed Star. Very easy to make & you can make them using any 6 inch block (6 1/2" unfinished) as a starting point and then added the outer frame which is 3- 1 1/2 inch strips sewn together as a strip set, then cut to 6 1/2 inch long (unfinished). Plus 2- 3 1/2 inch squares (unfinished) & 2- 3 1/2 inch half square triangle blocks (unfinished). Just put the whole blocks and the half square blocks in opposite corners. That's all there is to it. You can box anything that you can make into a 6 inch block this way. Just an idea for a child's quilt would be to make animal blocks and you could call it caged critters.

Sewbizgirl: I Love the blue flower print and yes, we all have great ideas about what to do with it but you'll have to wait to see what we come up with.

Francie: all the blocks you've posted are great, I really like the design of the first one with the blue & white. Do you take orders?? LOL I want a dozen of them, are you game??? They don't have to be all the same color either.

Kassaundra & Billi: "Fun" with strips, they are so cool, I'm just glad I didn't have to sew them, I think I would go cross eyed but I really love the way they look. Thanks for the links for them, I may have to try one just because. LOL

Billi: If I had done this quilt sooner, I might have raffled it off to anyone but it's something my kids & family members really wanted me to do for the family reunion because the doctor told my son that I may not live longer then a year and that was several months ago. I haven't said anything to the group until now because I feel that they are SOOOOOO wrong. I'm really doing much better after stopping all their drugs and I'm now able to walk better and do things I wasn't able to do 3 months ago. 3 months ago I wasn't able to lift my leg more then 6 inches off the floor, now I can lift it as high as anyone marching. I'm getting better at walking too and this past week I have been able to walk across the room without my walker, almost to the point that I can use my cane again but I'm not pushing it so I will stay with the walker for now. I don't stay dizzy and I can now eat without feeling sick which are 2 things the medicines were to blame for. I go back to the doctor on Aug 11th and I'm hoping with all the improvements I have, they will do another scan so I will know for sure if I'm killing this cancer with the alternative stuff I'm doing. If not then I don't know what I'm going to do next but for now I'm doing what I love and that's sewing blocks and making a few quilts in the process. Sorry I had to tell you all this way but it's hard keeping it to myself and trying to be careful not to say anything about it. Don't be sad about it because I have a wonderful husband that takes care of me when things get rough and that's all anyone can really ask for, except for sharing quilt blocks with friends. That's the biggest high of all!!!!!

Now bring on those squishes, I'm ready and waiting!!!!!!

Last edited by seasaw2mch; 08-01-2016 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:00 AM

"because the doctor told my son that I may not live longer then a year and that was several months ago. I haven't said anything to the group until now because I feel that they are SOOOOOO wrong."

Seasaw2much,

I think there are many who have a curtain around part of our lives. You show your courage by your willingness to share. One day at a time is a great equalizer for all of us. So glad you are able to be joyful and productive and a blessing to others in these difficult circumstances.
Old 08-01-2016, 09:36 AM

SeaSaw you are an inspiration indeed!! I agree about medicines..sometimes they make you sicker than not taking them. I will pray that you have a wonderful report on the 11th! I don't have a husband to take care of me but I have wonderful son, DIL and 4 fabulous grandkids to help if I were to need them..Im glad joining the group again and enjoying sewing seems to be helping you! Hang in there kiddo...prove everyone wrong!
Old 08-01-2016, 10:33 AM

SeaSaw so glad you are in this swap!!! I believe that with your mind set anything is possible! Praying for a GREAT report from your doctor. Enjoy what you like no one is promised tomorrow!!