Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-17-sign-ups-open-t280335.html)

Janice McC 07-11-2016 03:49 AM

BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN!

Sign-ups for Boomerang Swap 17 will be open for approximately 3 weeks until no later than July 3. Please sign-up sooner rather than later because if groups fill quickly, sign-ups may close early. Each group will probably have 16 to 20 swappers. You may choose the 2 or 3 month swap or both. All skill levels are welcome but you MUST be able to consistently sew a well-constructed 12 ½ inch block. Details follow below but anyone who has participated in a recent Boom knows the basics.

In general, this is how the Boom works: You will receive a list of Board Names of those in your group. You choose a fabric, prepare it and send it to me for distribution to the other members. You need one Fat Eighth (18” x 11”) for each member. Send all F8s to me along with any special requests for your fabric. I will distribute them to the other members. You stitch a block for each member out of the F8 you receive. When you have finished ALL blocks, you ship them to me to sort and return the to the owner.

Please note: Board participation is an essential ingredient in making this swap successful. So much information about the swap is found there, much more than I can possibly write in this sign-up post. If you wish to join the swap, please understand it is your responsibility, and to everyone's benefit, to keep in touch and read the posts frequently.

Anticipated schedule:
Sign-ups open through no later than 11:59 pm, July 31, 2016, unless group size is met earlier
F8s due to me: Thursday, August 18, 2016
I ship to you Monday, August 22, 2016
2 month group blocks due to me Saturday, October 22, 2016
I ship 2 month group blocks Tuesday, October 25
3 month group blocks due to me Friday, November 25, 2016
I ship 3 month blocks Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Rules/Guidelines:
Please make sure to also refer to the basic policies that apply to all swaps through the board: RULES FOR SWAPS AND SIMILAR ACTIVITIES -Updated 8 December 2010.

Fabric, Completed Block and Package Preparation:
1) Please pre-wash your fabric before cutting, remove selvages, pre-wash and press. Cut your fabric into Fat Eighths, generally about 18” x 11”.
2) When mailing your F8s to me, please make sure they are individually sealed in a Ziploc-type bag. Label each F8 with your board name along with any instructions or color requests. (DO NOT SPECIFY A RECIPIENT unless a fabric is being directed to a particular person. Doing so slows my sorting process immensely.) Labels are useful to help the recipient prevent fabric mix-ups, something that’s easy to do. When you send your completed blocks back to me, please seal and label your completed blocks with the owner’s name AND your name easily visible to me in a similar manner as you did the F8s.
3) Please mail your F8s to arrive by August 18. The sooner everyone gets them to me, the sooner they go out! Be sure to send me the tracking number as soon as you ship.
4) Carefully handle all fabric received and completed blocks, placing them somewhere safe until mailing time comes.
5) To help keep track of the fabrics and blocks made, I will establish an online Fabric Gallery.
6) You are REQUIRED to keep in touch with your group by posting to the dedicated Boom 17 thread at least every 2 weeks. This is a requirement. If you don’t wish to keep in touch, this is not the swap for you.
7) All blocks must be completed within the time frame for the group and mailed to me with a tracking number.
8) All blocks MUST be 12 1/2” unfinished. They may be regularly pieced, paper-pieced, appliquéd, whatever the block maker decides to do. It is up to each individual. Again, the feeling is to get a true friendship quilt out of this. Please do not request specific blocks as the idea is to let everyone, of every skill level, join in and try new things and grow. Before mailing, be sure to clean up the blocks by trimming your threads and cutting dog ears.
9) Most importantly, HAVE FUN!

IMPORTANT SHIPPING DETAILS
You must supply me with tracking numbers on all parcels sent to me and I will do likewise when I mail to you. All shipping costs are your responsibility. You may ship to me in whatever tracked package you like, however I will ONLY* ship to you in USPS Padded Priority Envelopes at a cost of $6.80 (*unless previous arrangements have been made for alternate shipping). You may supply me with a pre-paid or pre-stamped USPS Padded Priority Envelope (available for free at USPS.com) or send me $6.80 in well-concealed cash and I will supply the envelope, whatever is easier for you. I don’t accept PayPal.

Keep in mind the following:
You MUST be in good standing with previous swaps. Anyone with a poor track record of fulfilling swap commitments will not be permitted to join. If you sign-up here and do not fulfill your commitment, negative feedback will be given.

All skill levels are welcome but you MUST be able to sew a 12 ½ inch basic, well-constructed block. The block doesn’t have to be detailed but it must not be falling apart. We all respect new quilter’s need to learn and that will be taken into account. If you cannot consistently construct a 12 ½ inch block, this is not the swap for you.

PLEASE pre-wash fabrics without any fragrance residue. Please note that that some swappers may be smokers or have pets. If either pets or smoking is a serious problem for you, this isn’t the swap for you.

NO public complaints or criticisms for any reason are permitted. ALL complaints must be addressed by Private Message (PM) or email to me at [email protected]. NO EXCEPTIONS!

To join Boom 17, please EMAIL me with BOOM 17 in the subject line at [email protected] with the following info:

Board Name
Full Name
Complete Address
Phone Number
Email Address
Have you participated in other Boomerang Swaps? Yes/No
If yes, what was your last Boom?
Have you fulfilled all your swap/exchange obligations on this board in the past?
*2 Month Group OR 3 Month Group or both

*Group lengths and group sizes are fluid and will be determined by sign-ups. You may be asked to adjust to fill vacancies as needed. If changing doesn’t suit you, you may withdraw at that time.

Thank you for your interest in Boom 17. We hope you'll join us!

Janice McC

Kassaundra 07-11-2016 03:51 AM

I'm in for the 3 month group, still thinking about the other one.

moonrise 07-11-2016 04:06 AM

Me me me! Both groups. :) Sending an e-mail shortly.

Billi 07-11-2016 04:36 AM

Im in for both groups :) Yay

NanaKathy55 07-11-2016 04:50 AM

I am in again for both groups..Can't wait!!!

jaba 07-11-2016 05:02 AM

I'm in again for both groups. Just sent info to you.

Janice McC 07-11-2016 05:26 AM

Wow, great start! Thanks!

In the next few days, I'm going to be setting up the gallery pages for Boom 17 so when you decide on your fabrics, post pix of them here if you wish and I'll grab them for the gallery. Also, I'll finish up the Boom Quilts gallery so continue posting those too if you want me to add your completed quilts. One final note, Boom 14 will be dropped from the gallery within a week so if anyone wants any of those pix, save them soon.

joanelizbay 07-11-2016 05:34 AM

Did you mean no later than Aug 3?? I'm in for both!!

Billi 07-11-2016 06:23 AM

Music to my ears

2 Attachment(s)
I'm so excited to playing again this is my music themed fabrics some with a white background some with a black background, I am also sending the red to be used with it and asking for you to uses black, black t.o.t. white, or w.o.w. depending on which background you get.

Black background [ATTACH=CONFIG]553748[/ATTACH]

white background [ATTACH=CONFIG]553749[/ATTACH]

You may receive a slightly different fabric but they are all music theme and the are all predominantly black and white.

Billi 07-11-2016 06:39 AM

boom 14 finish

3 Attachment(s)
I don't have a picture of the whole thing because it's so big and I keep forgetting to do it when I have extra helping hands

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553750[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553751[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553752[/ATTACH]

Some day I'll get a picture of all my blocks and the backing.