Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-17-sign-ups-open-t280335.html)

Muse&Sew 07-11-2016 12:49 PM

I'd love to join in the 3 month group! I found some more bird fabric (for those that were in boom 15) so hoping to get a few more blocks made & then maybe I'll throw in some fabric for a small baby quilt. I'm excited to join again. This is a fun group!

Muse&Sew 07-11-2016 12:50 PM

Lovely quilt Billi!

bibliostone 07-11-2016 01:22 PM

Love your border Billi. What a great way to make the quilt bigger. I am joining for the 3 month group.

QuilterMomma 07-11-2016 01:42 PM

Well, going to have to join in the fun.

jaba 07-11-2016 05:30 PM

Your quilt turned out very nice Billi! So glad you have it on a bed and can enjoy it and it looks great too!!

francie yuhas 07-11-2016 07:56 PM

Another question....so what size fabrics do I send if I like 2 colors...like Billi's?( signed...first- time swapper chick)

moonwork42029 07-11-2016 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas (Post 7599762)
Another question....so what size fabrics do I send if I like 2 colors...like Billi's?( signed...first- time swapper chick)

You'll need to send 11 x 18 pieces. Some have sent several different fabrics out (all the same size) within the swap so they get back a variety of blocks made from their assortment of fabrics.

Very rarely, someone will want only their fabric to be used, then they will send an adequate amount of fabrics for blocks and ask for leftover to be returned to them. Again, this doesn't happen often but does assure you that every block is made from the same fabrics.

Generally, most will send out 1 or 2 kinds of fabrics, provide general color guidelines and then it's free rein as to what block make for them.

If you check out Janice McC's link for the gallery of photos, you can see some of the wonderful blocks that have been made for others.

Hope this helps

moonwork42029 07-11-2016 08:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]553803[/ATTACH]

In one boom I sent out this assortment of fabrics and asked that only white or white on white be used with it.

These are the blocks I received back from it.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]553804[/ATTACH]

this is similar to what will happen with the assortment that Billi sends out to everyone.

Janice McC 07-12-2016 03:47 AM

Good morning, Boomers! The sign-ups have been swift in the first 24 hours. We've 6 in the 2 month group and 12 in the 3 month group. One has also signed up and is deciding on a group. Two are signed up for the 3 month but are also considering the 2 month. All in all, that's a great start! Thank you!

Billi 07-12-2016 05:02 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by francie yuhas (Post 7599762)

Hi Francie,

I am sending 2 fabrics to everybody this time a new adventure for me but I am looking for a more controlled look. The music focus fabric is all good fat 8th's at least 11x18, the red I as sending as the pop of color is closer to 10X18 or 10x17. If I get any of the red back that will be nice but I am not asking for it to be returned. I am also askimg for either black tot white or wow to be used depending on the background of the fabric you receive from me.

booms 15-16 I sent a floral out and asked for white or WOW and pops of pink and this is some of those blocks not as controlled but I am still very pleased with it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]553810[/ATTACH].

My first boom everyone got a different 30's fabric and I just said go for it use what looks best to you I got a huge variety of colors and I like that one too, this is some of those blocks
[ATTACH=CONFIG]553811[/ATTACH]

This has been the most difficult one to put together because I never had a plan what to do before I sent them and the sheer number of fabrics I sent and was used. They are still not done but I have found the perfect sashing fabric and decided on a layout they are just waiting their turn to be completed.

Hope that I helped and not confused you more. Also welcome glad you are joining us.