Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-17-sign-ups-open-t280335.html)

ibex94 07-14-2016 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas (Post 7601815)
Arghh! I'm not doing too well with this computer part. I just posted about the fabric I cut....but it went the recently posted category....how do I get it to the right spot?y

Simplest solution... retype the post in here. I saw that you started a "Fabric" thread in the Round Robbin board. The quilting board moderators can move it for you but you can delete that thread and repost here, much faster than tracking down a moderator. I love your blues!!! And it is great to meet you!

jaba 07-14-2016 12:17 PM

I'm in both groups so each group will get a different fabric. I put notes in each baggie as to color requests. For the black one I'd like you to use either a lavender or rose in solids or tone on tone, white if you need another color. I asked for you not to use yellow as I'm not a fan and I have a matching green that I will use for setting. The other I asked that you match the colors in the fabric with solid or tone on tones.

Billi 07-14-2016 12:28 PM

Jabba Pretty fabrics but I am in love with the black it is BEAUTIFUL! the Lavender will be perfect wit it.

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7601742)
Here are the fabrics I decided on for Boom 17. [ATTACH=CONFIG]553933[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553934[/ATTACH]

Kassaundra 07-14-2016 12:42 PM

Am I going to be in trouble if I have one block finished?????? lol lol lol It will be an extra block though since there is none of Joan's fabric in the block. When you said what your quilt was going to be, I had saved a perfect block for it last boom or maybe the boom before, but haven't had a good place to use it yet. Before you picked your fabric I spent several hours figuring out how to make the pattern from the picture I had saved. I just HAD to try out my pattern right???? And since I was trying it out might as well use the colors that are in Joan's fabric right????

Kassaundra 07-14-2016 12:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This might be mean but ........................ can you tell what this is ????

seasaw2mch 07-14-2016 03:46 PM

Well ladies it's been a long time but I want to play too. I still have medical issues and haven't sewn anything in over a year but I want to try. I'm sure the 2 month group would be pushing it a bit more then I can do right now so I'm asking to join just the 3 month group this time. I sent a message to Janice a few minutes ago.

I may not be able to do a lot of sewing on the machine yet, but would it bother anyone if I did some by hand if using the machine became a problem? I'm thinking that the worst case would be me doing hand applique onto a 12 1/2" square block piece but I want to be sure everyone would be OK with that before I sign up.

moonwork42029 07-14-2016 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch (Post 7601949)
Well ladies it's been a long time but I want to play too. I still have medical issues and haven't sewn anything in over a year but I want to try. I'm sure the 2 month group would be pushing it a bit more then I can do right now so I'm asking to join just the 3 month group this time. I sent a message to Janice a few minutes ago.

I may not be able to do a lot of sewing on the machine yet, but would it bother anyone if I did some by hand if using the machine became a problem? I'm thinking that the worst case would be me doing hand applique onto a 12 1/2" square block piece but I want to be sure everyone would be OK with that before I sign up.

Welcome back... for me hand applique would be an extremely special block!

francie yuhas 07-14-2016 03:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
OK will try this...here are my fabrics....would like white or wow with them....and the bigger scraps back. Please.[ATTACH=CONFIG]553943[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553943[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553943[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553943[/ATTACH]loading pics is tricky

Billi 07-14-2016 04:12 PM

SEASAW it's good to see you again. I would feel blessed to get a hand sewn block from you. So glad you are joining us again.

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch (Post 7601949)

Billi 07-14-2016 04:15 PM

I see a Picasso version of a butterfly. hahah

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7601847)
This might be mean but ........................ can you tell what this is ????