Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-17-sign-ups-open-t280335.html)

sewbizgirl 07-17-2016 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 (Post 7603570)
Yay!!! You made it! I won't be exchanging blocks with you this time (I'm in the 3 month swap) but perhaps into the future...

Yup, I'm here because Ibex talked me into it!

Kassaundra 07-17-2016 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 (Post 7603610)
Moonwork -- I know you want black for silhouettes but may we also pull some of the same colors from the fabric sent to us, into the square? I was looking at Peter Maxx's art and got some ideas from him but it won't work unless I can use some of solids of the same hues...

Guess I need to go back and look at that post b/c I didn't understand black silhouettes.

joanelizbay 07-17-2016 06:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My neice is really into the grateful dead band and loves sunshine daydreams song.. so I made her this and sent it to her as a surprise! she loves it and shes only 35!! Not like us real hippies!! It has VW vans and peace signs and hippies on the border!

Billi 07-17-2016 07:10 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7603728)
Guess I need to go back and look at that post b/c I didn't understand black silhouettes.

I didn't read it that way either I just read it as only use black with it in any fashion you choose. I think someone else wanted to do a black silhouette of something.

Kassaundra 07-17-2016 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Billi (Post 7603781)
I didn't read it that way either I just read it as only use black with it in any fashion you choose. I think someone else wanted to do a black silhouette of something.

That is what I thought too

Kassaundra 07-17-2016 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7603767)
My neice is really into the grateful dead band and loves sunshine daydreams song.. so I made her this and sent it to her as a surprise! she loves it and shes only 35!! Not like us real hippies!! It has VW vans and peace signs and hippies on the border!

Awesome job

moonwork42029 07-17-2016 07:38 AM

The silhouette was just an idea because I saw them on some posters... oh not requirement by any means... just one more thought of the 60's.

I said black because I don't really want to have prints added to it. I try to accommodate most requests and enjoy the blocks returned to me.

If you need to use some "solids" to "make it work", I'll leave it up to your good judgement :) so the block is pleasing to both of us. Release those creative beasts...it's your time to be groovy and far out.

Libster 07-17-2016 09:03 AM

"If you need to use some "solids" to "make it work", I'll leave it up to your good judgement so the block is pleasing to both of us. Release those creative beasts...it's your time to be groovy and far out."

We Soooooo need a "Like" button on here! LOL I can't wait to see these blocks.

Kassaundra 07-17-2016 09:05 AM

Moonwork, you have sent me down a virtual rabbit hole!!!! Looking up stuff about 60 - 70's quilt blocks, led to a search for iconic images, which led to iconic art, which led to fashion which led to a 3 arm hole wrapped dress which I now must try and figure out!!!!

Kassaundra 07-17-2016 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7603859)
"If you need to use some "solids" to "make it work", I'll leave it up to your good judgement so the block is pleasing to both of us. Release those creative beasts...it's your time to be groovy and far out."

We Soooooo need a "Like" button on here! LOL I can't wait to see these blocks.

Oh me too!!!! I hope the vision in my head translates to fabric, we shall see. lol