Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-17-sign-ups-open-t280335.html)

moonwork42029 07-16-2016 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch (Post 7603167)
well the first message didn't post so I'll try again.
How about a silhouette of person in bell bottoms??
I love these fabrics!!!!

Sounds groovy!

Libster 07-16-2016 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 (Post 7603186)
Sounds groovy!

I found my pattern that I may use today. How about a peace fist?

Janice McC 07-16-2016 11:57 AM

Ooh, pretty floral!

Originally Posted by Mona G (Post 7603145)
here is my boom 17 fabric

Janice McC 07-16-2016 12:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I've already started on Moonwork's...couldn't resist.

Me to a T!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554059[/ATTACH]

Mona G 07-16-2016 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Billi (Post 7603175)
Beautiful feminine fabrics mona what are you thinking for colors to go with it?

My requests are no other floral or green since i will be sashing with green.

Mona G 07-16-2016 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 7603153)
I'm clearing my calendar & adding TV dinners to the grocery list. I'm hibernating early & not in a cave but at the sewing machine. If I can cook it outside on the grill, I might consider it!

Love this Floral, Mona. Great choice.

Thanks, bought the rest of the bolt about 5 yards during Hancock's going out if business sale.
Funny thing is I usually don't "do" florals but really liked my blocks from 16 so going for it again, not sure where it will go once it is done.

Janice McC 07-16-2016 01:05 PM

Boom 17 - 3 month group

Below is a list of 20 names for those who have signed up for the 3 month group. If anyone spots a mistake, PLEASE let me know asap by email: [email protected].

[TABLE="width: 157"]
<tbody>[TR]
[TD]Board Name
Bibliostone
Billi
francie yuhas
GramE
Ibex94
Jaba
Janice McC
joanelizbay
Kassaundra
Libster
Ljdugas
mollymunchkin
moonrise
moonwork42029
Muse&Sew
NanaKathy55
QuilterMomma
Seasaw2mch
Terriamn
TravellingGramma
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]
Although this group has closed, I will happily take names if anyone out there wants to be put on a waiting list. Occasionally, someone does withdraw and a space opens up.

In the meantime 3 month group swappers, be looking for your fabrics and prepping them by washing, pressing, removing the selvages, and cutting into 11x18 inch pieces NOT 9x22. (We use only Fat Eighths unless prior arrangements have been made.) When cut, please put them in individual ziplock bags, not gigantic ones please but those about quart or sandwich-sized, and be sure to label them with your BOARD NAME so that it's clearly easily visible the outside. If you have any notes or fabric requests, please put them in with the fabric as well. Try to be clear about what you prefer. Remember, color requests are just that, requests, but I do urge everyone to follow them. Also, please do not request certain blocks. The one who makes the block decides what block they want to make. Of course, "hints" sometimes sneak through but if you are going to "hint", please be general so you allow the block-maker plenty of latitude. (Hints should be along the lines of "traditional", "modern", "stars", that kind of thing, but be prepared for the likelihood that not everyone will follow the hint. Their choice!) When you've got all that done, please put your baggies inside a LARGE ziplock type bag on which you've labeled or written your full name and address in the event something happens to the shipping container. It hasn't yet but it might one day. Hang onto the package until you get the email from me with my contact info. This will come right after both groups are finalized, probably about two weeks from now. Although this group has already closed, we won't be starting early as some of you are also in the 2 month group as well.

Please, anyone with questions, please feel free to post them or email me. No such thing as silly questions.

No more big posts today.

seasaw2mch 07-16-2016 02:12 PM

ok I've bagged, tagged and ready to send the F8's and was going to put them in the mail Monday but I just saw where Janice asked us to wait so I'm waiting. LOL
Mean while I'll be looking into different designs of applique that I may use this round. I need to brush off the cobwebs a bit to since I haven't sewn in almost 2 years, wow, I didn't realize how long it has been until now.

moonwork42029 07-16-2016 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Libster (Post 7603188)
I found my pattern that I may use today. How about a peace fist?

Sounds farout :) (gosh, I'm going to have to do Wikipedia to come up with more words)

Janice McC 07-16-2016 02:53 PM

Thanks for holding the shipping. I'm going to be in and out these next couple of weeks and the thing that always worries me is that your F8s will be sitting in my mailbox, or worse on the front steps if more than one pkg comes at the same time, and I won't be there to get them. So, once the sign-ups for both groups are done, we'll open a window for shipping. It'll coincide with someone being here every day. Thanks!!!

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch (Post 7603265)
ok I've bagged, tagged and ready to send the F8's and was going to put them in the mail Monday but I just saw where Janice asked us to wait so I'm waiting. LOL
Mean while I'll be looking into different designs of applique that I may use this round. I need to brush off the cobwebs a bit to since I haven't sewn in almost 2 years, wow, I didn't realize how long it has been until now.