Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-17-sign-ups-open-t280335.html)

Billi 07-15-2016 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7602753)
Ladies, be careful don't inhale when you get Moonwork's fabrics!!!!! lol lol lol

it's comments like this that always has me looking for the LIKE button. hahahahaha

moonwork42029 07-15-2016 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Billi (Post 7602757)
it's comments like this that always has me looking for the LIKE button. hahahahaha

Double giggle snort ... I know what ya mean!

I'm guess y'all like this choice? I actually have 3 bundles of it and just never figured out what to do.... so I'll unleash it on the unsuspecting boomers (insert evil laugh movie track)

Muse&Sew 07-15-2016 08:01 PM

Janice so glad you're in on this swap! It will be so fun having the hostess play. :)

terriamn 07-15-2016 08:11 PM

Yeah Janice, glad you are going to join in the swap

We helped our friends with their son's grooms dinner today. Got back about 10 PM and exhausted l

jaba 07-16-2016 05:21 AM

Let me know if you run out Lisa, I have a few of those too! Black would be awesome!

Janice McC 07-16-2016 07:28 AM

Love these fabrics!

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 (Post 7602749)
Just when I didn't think I could come up with anything more wild than zebra print... I FOUND IT!!!!

Throw back to the 60's --- yeah baby! Come on batik wild dyes.

How ya like me now?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554018[/ATTACH]

I'm thinking that I would like to have black used with it....

Opinions? This would be great to have appliques of peace signs, VW bugs, rainbow, Peter Max style (oh if you don't know who that is, think "Lisa Frank" of the 60's ) , etc ...

Have you seen the silhouette in black? How about a black cat on it? "Make love not war" sayings... oooo check out "tye dye posters" if you want more ideas....

I might have to dig out some bell bottoms for this round (no hip huggers cuz my hips would be muffins)

Janice McC 07-16-2016 07:50 AM

Thanks for the welcome! Seems funny to say that in my own swap but I mean it.

So I've been mulling themes. Do I send more of my "ugly greys" that some of you made beautiful in Boom 16? Or there's this beautiful floral fabric I saw last week at an LQS? What do I do? Then, not 20 minutes ago, my darling son, the youngest who will be 30 at the end of this year, texts me and says, "I'm still waiting for my full size dino blanket". Both boys had a dinosaur blanket, crib sized that I sewed and hand-tied with yarn when I barely knew how to sew. My son informed me he's a lot bigger now than he used to be. Yeah, 6'3". And he sends a pic of some "dino" fabric he just saw at Hobby Lobby with his GF. He tells me he's serious. Soooo...I wonder if this should be my theme? A dinosaur quilt for my soon to be 30 year old? Queen-sized too I've been informed. OMG. The nerve but it would be so fun for me. Maybe flannel-backed???

Billi 07-16-2016 08:19 AM

A dinosaur quilt for my soon to be 30 year old? Queen-sized too I've been informed. OMG. The nerve but it would be so fun for me. Maybe flannel-backed???

I so love this idea and any 30 yer old that would want this is pretty awesome in my book.

Kassaundra 07-16-2016 09:20 AM

A 30 year old son that is in Hobby Lobby in the fabric area, and wants a dino quilt. If you could bottle that you would be a millionaire!

Janice McC 07-16-2016 09:31 AM

I know! And he's the non-sentimental, stoic one. That's what makes this so funny.

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7603127)
A 30 year old son that is in Hobby Lobby in the fabric area, and wants a dino quilt. If you could bottle that you would be a millionaire!