Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-17-sign-ups-open-t280335.html)

Libster 07-16-2016 09:37 AM

" A dinosaur quilt for my soon to be 30 year old? Queen-sized too I've been informed. OMG. The nerve but it would be so fun for me. Maybe flannel-backed??? "

Hey, why not? I'm doing an appliqued dinosaur for my great grandson now. I always back all of my quilts with flannel. So happy that you're joining in with us.

Mona G 07-16-2016 09:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is my boom 17 fabric

terriamn 07-16-2016 09:58 AM

Oh Janice how fun, wish my son would request a quilt. He prefers the fleece tied one.

With a queen sized one it could keep you busy for several booms. I think it would be great fun to make your stoic son a Dino quilt

GramE 07-16-2016 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mona G (Post 7603145)

I'm clearing my calendar & adding TV dinners to the grocery list. I'm hibernating early & not in a cave but at the sewing machine. If I can cook it outside on the grill, I might consider it!

Love this Floral, Mona. Great choice.

seasaw2mch 07-16-2016 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by moonwork42029 (Post 7602749)
Just when I didn't think I could come up with anything more wild than zebra print... I FOUND IT!!!!

Throw back to the 60's --- yeah baby! Come on batik wild dyes.

How ya like me now?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]554018[/ATTACH]

I'm thinking that I would like to have black used with it....

Opinions? This would be great to have appliques of peace signs, VW bugs, rainbow, Peter Max style (oh if you don't know who that is, think "Lisa Frank" of the 60's ) , etc ...

Have you seen the silhouette in black? How about a black cat on it? "Make love not war" sayings... oooo check out "tye dye posters" if you want more ideas....

I might have to dig out some bell bottoms for this round (no hip huggers cuz my hips would be muffins)

well the first message didn't post so I'll try again.
How about a silhouette of person in bell bottoms??
I love these fabrics!!!!

seasaw2mch 07-16-2016 11:09 AM

it's going to hard to make a block any prettier then your fabric Jaba but we can sure give it a try

Billi 07-16-2016 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by seasaw2mch (Post 7603167)
well the first message didn't post so I'll try again.
How about a silhouette of person in bell bottoms??
I love these fabrics!!!!

ohhhh that is a cool idea.

Billi 07-16-2016 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Mona G (Post 7603145)

Beautiful feminine fabrics mona what are you thinking for colors to go with it?

Billi 07-16-2016 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by mollymunchkin (Post 7601990)
Seesaw, I am fine with whatever works for you. Here is my fabric. Some people will get an f8 of the solid and a smaller print and some will get an f8 of the print and a smaller solid. I am asking for white or wow only. Thanks

how did I miss this? I like those together Molly the first few stripes I got in a swap.....I'm looking at you TG and Joanelizbay....I was totally flumaxed by them. by time I got Kass's last boom I was much more confident in my stripped blocks.

Billi 07-16-2016 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas (Post 7601956)
OK will try this...here are my fabrics....would like white or wow with them....and the bigger scraps back. Please.loading pics is tricky

Love the mottled blue