Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-17-sign-ups-open-t280335.html)

ibex94 07-14-2016 05:40 AM

Libster -- practice blocks!!! Love it. I know what I'll be doing for the rest of the day. Great idea!!

joanelizbay 07-14-2016 05:58 AM

Moon, thank you for that link. I have that exact barn panel and was wondering how to cut the blocks apart and use them in another way and that's a perfect example! Ill have to find me some barn wood fabric and some barn red fabric to use! It would go good with the fish too! What did we do before the internet?? :) My 91 year old cousin still cant imagine me being able to buy fabric on line! :)

QuilterMomma 07-14-2016 07:09 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7601109)
My final post for tonight. My pups want some play time and I'm here to oblige their every whim. Just ask them.

The Gallery has a completed quilt page. Not fancy but it's there. Anyone else have quilts to add? You can email me pix if you'd like.

I will shortly, been trying to get it sewn up this am and last night and yesterday morning. Been on the all for a few weeks now. Have to finish it so can move to the next. It should be done tonight if all goes my way. I do have to sew up a teddy bear for grand baby though. Well, off to work.

francie yuhas 07-14-2016 07:38 AM

Another idiot question( my specialty). What,how do I get to the gallery? Thanks

GramE 07-14-2016 07:49 AM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas (Post 7601606)
Another idiot question( my specialty). What,how do I get to the gallery? Thanks

No idiot questions. Try this http://boomerangswaps.weebly.com.

i was the newbie on boom 16, had a lot of questions!

joanelizbay 07-14-2016 07:50 AM

Under any of Janices posts there is a link to boomerangswaps.weebly.com. Just click on it and it will take you to the gallery!!

Janice McC 07-14-2016 07:56 AM

Libster, thank you for mentioning fabric size. Reminder, we use FAT EIGHTHs not EIGHTHs. They are NOT interchangeable for the purpose of this swap. A FAT EIGHTH is approximately 11x18, depending upon the shrinkage once your fabric is washed. It may end up being up to an inch smaller. (Imagine washing a single yard if fabric and cutting it into 8 equally sized pieces.). If your fabric shrinks A LOT so your F8s would be smaller than that, please cut pieces 11x18 inches and keep the smaller pieces that result for yourself. If you absolutely must use Eighths (9x22) inches, please let me know in advance. Most of us REALLY prefer F8s although some of us don't mind either way.

GramE 07-14-2016 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by ibex94 (Post 7601416)
That gallery is so inspirational. I love the layouts and border treatments in addition to the gorgeous blocks you all have created.

How do you all decide which block you want to put together? I'm already agonizing over whether or not a fat eighth will be enough for the blocks I'd like to do. I fear cutting and then finding the oops. Do any of you select one block style and then do that block pattern for all the BOOM?

I think I own the trademark on oops! Or it seemed so last boom when I was the newbie! Boomerangswap was the most fun I've had in a long time. I have a wall board so I put all the fabrics up & looked at them all the time. Some spoke to me right away, some whispered & I did't hear them until all the rest were done. Some I started one direction & finished totally different because the first idea didn't come together. Matching fabrics to pattern & pattern to fabric. I made several blocks more than once because I had an oops or two. Try perusing QuiltersCache.com. Or use your go to blocks that you have experience in making. Idea overload many days for me!

Have fun. :thumbup:

ibex94 07-14-2016 10:08 AM

11 x 18" I'm off to cut!!

jaba 07-14-2016 10:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the fabrics I decided on for Boom 17. [ATTACH=CONFIG]553933[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]553934[/ATTACH]