Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-17-sign-ups-open-t280335.html)

All2Pieces 07-29-2016 07:08 PM

Ouch! Stay offline for a day or two and so much happens! Absolutely LOVE that zebra quilt! Such great creativity.
Welcome aboard Francie... This is a really friendly group. I'm another newbie and I am in OPAL. Like others have written, I have more things going on too so as much as I want to, I won't be able to double up on this swap. I am anxious to get started!!

Lstew2212 07-30-2016 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7613724)
Fabric is laundered, cut and pressed. This time I pressed w/ sizing. I cut the Lowes paint chips into strips and am including one in each baggie for a color reference. I am wanting teal (more blue then green), white, wow, or red, I would prefer the red if used is similar in tone (orange red instead of blue red, it will make sense when you see the fabric). Any combo of those colors is fine, prints are fine as long as they only have those colors. I will include this in each baggie.

wow, the paint chip idea is great. I might have to go to Home Depot today. You ladies are so creative.

Lstew2212 07-30-2016 03:08 AM

Originally Posted by francie yuhas (Post 7614153)
Good night nurse! This is sounding complicated! I fear I won't live up to the standard...guess I'll see my blocks on the backs of all the quilts..

you will do fine with your blocks. I am new to this group also. But I am not worried as this group of ladies are so encouraging and great. Stay within your comfort zone with your block construction and you will do fine.

Lstew2212 07-30-2016 03:22 AM

I have a question, but I don't want to be difficult. I have the feather fabric, would it be out of line to send a second piece of accent fabric? Such as brown to be used in the blocks. I have read over the rules and there is nothing about it. Has anybody else done this? You ladies would be able to add a third fabric just fine. I just don't want black or white in the blocks, that is my only request.

Lstew2212 07-30-2016 03:24 AM

Also do you send the scraps back or keep them?

travelinggramma 07-30-2016 03:28 AM

Moonwork - you will need to change your avatar if you are Gibbs - peace and love and grouchy don't make it
Kass - sociopath - hmm let me ask your naked chickens

I do love my grands but oh my two and half weeks without using the sewing machine (except teaching GD) is too much for me. Thank God for some the hexies that I can hand sew a few each night!

Janice McC 07-30-2016 04:01 AM

It's been the usual practice for swappers to keep the scraps. However, sometimes scraps are requested to be returned say due to a fabric shortage. In that case we return them. If there is no such request, you may certainly keep the scraps.

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 (Post 7614635)
Also do you send the scraps back or keep them?

Janice McC 07-30-2016 04:04 AM

You are NOT being difficult. :) Yes, you may send a second fabric if you wish. At least one other person is also.

Originally Posted by Lstew2212 (Post 7614633)
I have a question, but I don't want to be difficult. I have the feather fabric, would it be out of line to send a second piece of accent fabric? Such as brown to be used in the blocks. I have read over the rules and there is nothing about it. Has anybody else done this? You ladies would be able to add a third fabric just fine. I just don't want black or white in the blocks, that is my only request.

Janice McC 07-30-2016 04:08 AM

All2pieces, we can be a chatty group! Hope you join in frequently.

Btw, anyone who has not yet done so, tell us a little about yourself. If you read back through this thread, you'll find quite a few of us have shared a little about our lives and our quilting.

Originally Posted by All2Pieces (Post 7614540)
Ouch! Stay offline for a day or two and so much happens! Absolutely LOVE that zebra quilt! Such great creativity.
Welcome aboard Francie... This is a really friendly group. I'm another newbie and I am in OPAL. Like others have written, I have more things going on too so as much as I want to, I won't be able to double up on this swap. I am anxious to get started!!

Janice McC 07-30-2016 04:12 AM

Swap closes tomorrow

Reminder! The swap is closing on Sunday.