Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-17-sign-ups-open-t280335.html)

Muse&Sew 07-23-2016 07:57 PM

Lstew I love your feather material. I think you're going to love all the blocks & that you get from this amazing group!

Janice McC 07-24-2016 06:48 AM

Reminder! Sign-ups close for the two month group one week from today, filled or not. If not filled, we can do some doubling up if some of you wish.

The three month group is at capacity.

joanelizbay 07-24-2016 03:40 PM

It IS HOT here in Missouri!! Went out to water my plants and it took my breath away! Im hoping the "cool down" they are predicting tonight happens....Its just miserable. Stayed indoors all day, finished a quilt made out of barn panels for a friend of mine...got a penguin patch pal 2/3 rds done..Heard from my quilter that she will have my laybrinth quilt back along with 4 "animal" quilts on wed..yeah!! Have my blue boom 16 quilt ready for her to take back and 4-5 more animals and a baby quilt...back to work tomorrow...I sure could retire and stay home and sew but I my bank account says nope...get to work!! :) Stay cool no matter where you are!

Kassaundra 07-24-2016 07:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Moonwork I started on your background, can't go much further until the fabrics are exchanged, but this way I'll be able to get right to the "fun stuff" when I get your fabric. Here is a sneak peak.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554608[/ATTACH]

GramE 07-24-2016 07:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554607[/ATTACH]

Just wanted to to see what my fabric choice looked like in a block. 80 pieces hand sewn, confined to bed for a few, hoping to get to the machine to finish but looks even better than I had hoped. So, I have a swap block done. Kassaundra beat me but I'm a close second! It is called Cleopatra's Fan. I might include a bit of the dark in my packets.

GramE 07-24-2016 07:09 PM

Oh man, you beat me by 2 minutes!

lovely black & white!

oh, and I love that feather fabric. Totally looks like something I would buy 5 yards of! :D

sewbizgirl 07-24-2016 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7610369)
Moonwork I started on your background, can't go much further until the fabrics are exchanged, but this way I'll be able to get right to the "fun stuff" when I get your fabric. Here is a sneak peak.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]554608[/ATTACH]

Ooooh, very "Abbey Road"ish... am I close?

sewbizgirl 07-24-2016 07:19 PM

Gorgeous block, GramE! Hand stitched, yet.... impressive.

Kassaundra 07-24-2016 07:29 PM

GramE very nice block, you beat me, mine is just a small part of the block to come, yours is nearly a finished block.

Sewbiz, don't know updates will tell the story! lol lol lol

Janice McC 07-25-2016 06:33 AM

Not wanting to be the one to squelch any creativity, but be careful when you are pre-making blocks. A member's vision of their quilt and/or their fabric requests can change multiple time BEFORE the owner sends their fabric. Just saying...

Also, just an FYI that I may be a bit unavailable this week. Anyone who wishes to sign-up, please do so per the first post in this thread. I'll get back with you later this week. Veteran boomers, if questions come up on the board that you have the answer to, please step in. I'll check the board but this week's shaping up to be a doosey. Thanks!