Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-17-sign-ups-open-t280335.html)

Kassaundra 07-25-2016 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Janice McC (Post 7610658)
Not wanting to be the one to squelch any creativity, but be careful when you are pre-making blocks. A member's vision of their quilt and/or their fabric requests can change multiple time BEFORE the owner sends their fabric. Just saying...

Also, just an FYI that I may be a bit unavailable this week. Anyone who wishes to sign-up, please do so per the first post in this thread. I'll get back with you later this week. Veteran boomers, if questions come up on the board that you have the answer to, please step in. I'll check the board but this week's shaping up to be a doosey. Thanks!

Absolutely true, but if Moonwork changes her mind I will gladly finish this block and keep it! lol lol lol

terriamn 07-25-2016 10:36 AM

Wow ladies you are ready and raring to go Gram E beautiful block Kassandra looks like another fun and creative block you are cooking up. It has cooled down a bit here. Think I will head back to the lake late Wednesday afternoon, spend the night there and go home Thursday and pick up dog and head back to lake with my sewing machine. Happy to report Mom is doing well.

Billi 07-25-2016 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7610851)
Wow ladies you are ready and raring to go Gram E beautiful block Kassandra looks like another fun and creative block you are cooking up. It has cooled down a bit here. Think I will head back to the lake late Wednesday afternoon, spend the night there and go home Thursday and pick up dog and head back to lake with my sewing machine. Happy to report Mom is doing well.

YAY TERRI, thats a lot of good news all bundled together.

how ready am I well I have all of the 3 month group bagged N tagged and enough for the 2 month group ready just waiting for final counts. I have Moonwork's block drawn up and a probable block idea for Joan debating between 2. Seeing the actual fabric will be the deciding factor. Oh and my sewing room is clean and ready to go so I got that going for me.

GramE your block is very pretty I see a beautiful tropical quilt in your future.

Way to keep us all on our toes Kass

Hi Joan pictures or it didn't happen :-)

Kassaundra 07-25-2016 11:39 AM

I haven't "bagged and tagged" any fabric yet. I have saved some pics for block ideas, but none have been decided except moonwork's block until actually seeing the fabric in person. (and the turtle which doesn't count b/c it is an extra to test my pattern)

Kassaundra 07-25-2016 11:39 AM

Terri awesome news especially about your mother.

moonwork42029 07-25-2016 12:44 PM

Ha... and I thought the tie die would shake you up! Look at the planning already.

All2Pieces 07-25-2016 02:03 PM

GramE - WOW! All those curved seams would throw me. Great work. What sampler blocks or colors would you like to go with that if you send the dark as an exchange? Remember, I do best with straight lines :)

Cheers,
MJ

joanelizbay 07-25-2016 04:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ugh...got a call just now that my quilt deliver wont happen Wed as she has an emergency medical procedure. Not sure when Ill get them now...NOT that I need any of them but anxious to see the animals done and to send the next 4-5 down to her...You all might get tired of seeing the pictures when I do get them! LOL..hope to donate them to a hospital or shelter when I get them all done...3 more to go...but heres the one I jus now finished..not a border yet but its pieced!!

Lstew2212 07-25-2016 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7611145)
Ugh...got a call just now that my quilt deliver wont happen Wed as she has an emergency medical procedure. Not sure when Ill get them now...NOT that I need any of them but anxious to see the animals done and to send the next 4-5 down to her...You all might get tired of seeing the pictures when I do get them! LOL..hope to donate them to a hospital or shelter when I get them all done...3 more to go...but heres the one I jus now finished..not a border yet but its pieced!!

just phenomenal, love this quilt.

GramE 07-25-2016 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by All2Pieces (Post 7611024)
GramE - WOW! All those curved seams would throw me. Great work. What sampler blocks or colors would you like to go with that if you send the dark as an exchange? Remember, I do best with straight lines :)

Cheers,
MJ

i'm asking for WOW. But I might send a piece of the tangerine if I can get out & find enough.