Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-17-sign-ups-open-t280335.html)

GramE 07-25-2016 04:52 PM

I've spent a lot of the last week in the recliner because my foot was giving me a pain! I thought maybe there was a shard of glass or a splinter but my DH couldn't see anything. Until Saturday. Then he said Monday you are going to the Doctor. Well, turns out I did have a splinter, a dog hair splinter! :shock: Yep, a dog hair. He made a slice and scraped it out! Who'd have thought you could have a dog hair splinter! Just glad he got it out. But that's why I had so much hand sewing time last week!

Glad your mom is well, Terri.

Billi 07-25-2016 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by joanelizbay (Post 7611145)
...You all might get tired of seeing the pictures when I do get them...........

Are you kidding this is adorable Joan I want to see all of them.

sewbizgirl 07-25-2016 05:19 PM

Love that penguin, and it's little baby. Too cute, Joan.

sewbizgirl 07-25-2016 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by GramE (Post 7611174)
Well, turns out I did have a splinter, a dog hair splinter! :shock: Yep, a dog hair. He made a slice and scraped it out! Who'd have thought you could have a dog hair splinter! Just glad he got it out. But that's why I had so much hand sewing time last week!

Wow, who would have known you could get a dog hair in your foot like that! Glad they got it out.

This reminds me of a time not long ago that my cat was sneezing and wheezing in fits. When she started she would sneeze and sneeze. After about two days of it I broke down and took her to the vet, where he extracted a long blade of green grass from her nose! He said he's read about that in vet books but has never seen it, himself! Weird.

GramE 07-25-2016 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl (Post 7611220)
Wow, who would have known you could get a dog hair in your foot like that! Glad they got it out.

This reminds me of a time not long ago that my cat was sneezing and wheezing in fits. When she started she would sneeze and sneeze. After about two days of it I broke down and took her to the vet, where he extracted a long blade of green grass from her nose! He said he's read about that in vet books but has never seen it, himself! Weird.

Weird, that's me for sure! If it's unusual, I've had it or will probably get it! I am so glad the got it out too. Walking on glass or a needle isn't fun for long!

jaba 07-25-2016 05:53 PM

That's me for sure... that's why I always ask for you to tell me if you have a cat. They are pretty much deadly to me and hubby goes through the package first. I know I take a chance but really would appreciate a warning, RX is very expensive. Just write on your package please, cat on board or whatever.

moonwork42029 07-25-2016 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by jaba (Post 7611246)
That's me for sure... that's why I always ask for you to tell me if you have a cat. They are pretty much deadly to me and hubby goes through the package first. I know I take a chance but really would appreciate a warning, RX is very expensive. Just write on your package please, cat on board or whatever.

Jaba:

I didn't know this ... I have 2 inside cats that assist me. They don't lay on the fabrics but they are in the room while I sew so I know their fur is on stuff.

Letting you know for the f8 coming your way since I don't know which package would be yours.

Flag me as a furbeast :eek:

lum 07-25-2016 09:10 PM

I will just be sending the one F8 for mine.

sewbizgirl 07-25-2016 09:51 PM

Jaba, I have a cat too, but she doesn't come in contact with my fabrics. I have them downstairs where my dog lives. The cat lives upstairs only because she hates the dog and he won't go up there. Hope you aren't allergic to dog hair!

sewbizgirl 07-25-2016 09:54 PM

I got my fabric cut and bagged tonight... 16 bags. If our 2 month group makes it to 20 I will cut some more. I just love the fabric and can't wait to see what you creative peeps do with it. Going to re-read the first post and see if I've crossed all my "T"s and dotted my "I"s. Also need to write my note. Can't wait to get started.