Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/)
-   -   BOOM 17 Sign-ups OPEN! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/member-swaps-round-row-robins-f11/boom-17-sign-ups-open-t280335.html)

Lstew2212 07-30-2016 05:09 AM

I'll go next, my name is lisa. I have been quilting/sewing for about 10 years. I lost my son 10 years ago and this is what go me thru the rough times. Justin was a very sick little boy and God let me have 12 wonderful years with him.

I am from connellsville Pa. I am married with a step daughter. She is in college at Penn State. I have two dogs. I work in insurance. When I am not sewing, I am involved in community theater. I love to sing and act on stage. I also help with the costumes. We just did Cats the musical. I created the costumes for the ensemble, we rented the leads costumes. My other hobbies are reading, crochet, plastic canvas and cross stitch.

I love the creative process of quilting, designing and piecing Of the blocks. I have a lot of ufo's. This process works for me because if I need a gift, I just pull down one of my quilt tops and finish it. My favorite is scrappy quilts.

I have currently gotten into into studying landscape quilting after a trip to Alaska. I am working on a Wall hanging of the glaciers we visited.

moonwork42029 07-30-2016 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7614534)
I did one of those FB personality tests, that said it was a real psychologic tool used by professionals. It said I was a sociopath that should seek immediate professional help.

I am soooo glad I didn't have a mouthful of coffee when I read this! I'm guessing not many made comments about it either, LOL!

Gosh, another Lisa.... We will rule the world!

terriamn 07-30-2016 07:13 AM

Lisa so sorry about your son and thankful you had quilting to help you through this devastating loss

Kassandra I bet it was your quirky sence of humor that gave you the sociopath rating. Good grief. Did you have a good laugh or did you hang your head and cry. Hope you had a good laugh

Years ago when dh and I went through the church marriage classes I failed one of the questions and still think my answer was better then theirs but oh my did I get grief

sewbizgirl 07-30-2016 07:36 AM

Lisa, so sorry to hear of your loss.

I am so impressed with your theater connection! I'm sure you must love it. I did costumes for the ballet all the years my kids danced with Ballet Mississippi. Costuming for stage is so much fun.

Looks like there are a good number of us newbies to Boom!

Billi 07-30-2016 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7614854)
Kassandra I bet it was your quirky sence of humor that gave you the sociopath rating. Good grief. Did you have a good laugh or did you hang your head and cry. Hope you had a good laugh

Well of course she had a laugh as any good sociopath would. :)

Kassaundra 07-30-2016 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by terriamn (Post 7614854)
Lisa so sorry about your son and thankful you had quilting to help you through this devastating loss

Years ago when dh and I went through the church marriage classes I failed one of the questions and still think my answer was better then theirs but oh my did I get grief

Totally a good laugh, and tried to get mileage out of it, like "you have to do what I want b/c FB says I'm a sociopath" or "I don't have to do that FB says I'm a sociopath" type things. lol

Kassaundra 07-30-2016 08:03 AM

Besides being a sociopath increases the likelihood of meeting Shamar Moore or Matthew Gubler, so not bad at all!!!!! lol lol lol

Janice McC 07-30-2016 08:08 AM

Need that "like" button again...:)

Originally Posted by Billi (Post 7614892)
Well of course she had a laugh as any good sociopath would. :)

Janice McC 07-30-2016 08:09 AM

Too funny, K! :)

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7614919)
Totally a good laugh, and tried to get mileage out of it, like "you have to do what I want b/c FB says I'm a sociopath" or "I don't have to do that FB says I'm a sociopath" type things. lol

Billi 07-30-2016 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra (Post 7614921)
Besides being a sociopath increases the likelihood of meeting Shamar Moore or Matthew Gubler, so not bad at all!!!!! lol lol lol

OH MY GOD swoooooon <3<3