Boom 19 - Autumn

Old 07-19-2017, 07:35 AM

I had plans for today that fell through so I decided to do some work on GramE's block, I got the pieces cut (all 80) now maybe I'll have time for a little sewing.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:43 AM

Good morning! Packages of F8s will start arriving for some today. Please count your F8s and make sure you have everything you are expecting. Also, if you are in both groups, please make sure you don't mix the two groups up. It's helpful to have a printout of everyone's name and check off the blocks as they are made. As you make your beautiful blocks, you'll want to post your block pix to the right group's thread. Try to remember to SHRINK all pix to 200 kb or smaller and post the owner's name. It'll make it much easier for me to move them into the gallery if you do that. I will TRY to add your pix to the gallery within a few days but in the beginning, we can be very picture heavy and it's sometimes difficult to keep up with your production. If after 4 or 5 days you don't find your pic in the gallery, email me with a copy and I'll add it. Also, if you spot a mistake in the gallery, maybe someone else's name on a block, please let me know also by email. Mistakes take priority over new pix on my to-do list.

Thanks, everyone. I look forward to seeing your beautiful work.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:05 AM

The Autumn Boom 19 Gallery is up. It has only a few pix in it so it's not much to look at yet, but it will be soon thanks to all of you! The blocks Klaws and Libster made for themselves are in there as is GramE's for Kassaundra. Pictures are filed under the owner's name. Everyone can take a look to find what blocks have already been made so that you don't duplicate them - unless you wish to. Most people opt to make a block that hasn't been made before in each particular fabric but sometimes the same block is made by two different people at the same time and that's AOK. There is NO rule about duplicating and it happens every now and again.

Go to the Gallery and look under the first tab and you'll find Autumn. Summer will be up soon as well.

Enjoy!
Old 07-19-2017, 09:32 AM

WooHoo! I received my package today! Just looking through all the different fabric is so exciting. There are some really pretty pieces. Since I am a Christmas lover, JayneW's tree fabric is my favorite! Now all I have to do is decide what block and color fabric for each one. I can't wait to see what everyone does with my fabric. Thank you Janice for all of your work!
Old 07-19-2017, 11:12 AM

Got my package too today, looked everything over and ladies your fabrics are all so pretty. Now comes the fun part, looking for the perfect quilt block for each and every one of them.

Jan
Old 07-19-2017, 11:14 AM

Kass 80 more pieces. Good grief I would drive myself crazy agonizing about matching them all up

Klaws yippee looks like you are the first to receive their bag of goodies
Old 07-19-2017, 12:26 PM

Wooo Hooo got my squishy. Looked everything over and some ideas on some of the fabric came to mind immediately, but others are going to take a little more thinking! lol
Old 07-19-2017, 12:36 PM

got my package with lots of pretty fabrics. Will start them soon.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
LJD, you sent lovely fabric! Am looking forward to seeing all these floral blocks this round.
Thanks I always seem to go with flowers! They will be beautiful blocks,these ladies will work their magic!!!
Old 07-19-2017, 03:39 PM

Got my package today too. I've already taken out the fabric, played with it and made initial selections for the blocks. Most of you are getting blocks from Tula Pinks city sampler book. Some of you are getting extra appliqué or embroidery on them. Klaws,Jayne W, Jaba, Joan and the black fabric (who? Yep I've lost a name tag already) are getting MJP originals. Terriamn my husband took one look at your fabric and said that's Day of the Dead Fabric. I was considering a dancing skeleton in a big Mexican dress but my better judgement prevailed and elephants it is. Cheesehead and mollymunchkin I'm stumped right now but the fabrics are similar, so one block should do it. The designs just pop into my head.... it's weird!