Boom 19 - Summer

Old 07-11-2017, 02:11 PM

Joan so sorry for your day, like has been said the older brain (alzheimers or dementia) works differently w/ less of a filter much quicker to anger and lashing out.

Sewbiz, how does a Mississippi girl know about fiddleheads???? (says the Okie girl) They are amazing, I've not had any in years. And cool masculine quilt, that binding is PERFECT.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
Sewbiz, how does a Mississippi girl know about fiddleheads???? (says the Okie girl) They are amazing, I've not had any in years. And cool masculine quilt, that binding is PERFECT.
Thanks.

I didn't actually become a "Mississippi Girl" til I was nearly 30. I lived in Massachusetts as a child and played with fiddleheads in the woods in our backyard. Also those pretty pink flowers (?) that look like a pink pouch... we called them Ladyslippers. Don't know if that was right or wrong. We had lovely huge granite rock outcroppings all through the woods, usually up on hills. We used to climb up on them and hang out, picnic, or whatever. Fun childhood.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:33 PM

Joan, everybody has said the right things IMHO, so I'm just going to add some (((((((Hugs)))))))). As soon as she calms down, all will be better. You know she loves you but it still hurts like heck when you're the target. After all, you do have feelings too.
Old 07-11-2017, 04:51 PM

Thanks everyone...she will NEVER apologize but she did come to my office this afternoon and visit...then when I went to her room before going home she admitted she will miss seeing people every day and shes a little scared of going home. She cant afford to be private pay and has too much property to qualify for medicaid so its like shes in the place where she will eventually have to make up her mind ...I do love her and know she loves me ...guess it is easier to hurt the ones you love. Thanks so much. you ALL made me feel better...esp the hugs!!
Old 07-11-2017, 05:37 PM

Joan, {{{{{{hugs}}}}}}} I agree with everyone's comments. Glad we can all come here to share and vent.

Thanks for the comments on my fabric. I am asking for greens and yellows and no white or WOW. I figure my fabric will be the dark in the block. I agree that it will come out great with what you create. I just couldn't love it enough to figure it out.
Old 07-11-2017, 06:41 PM

Ok for this northern Midwest girl what you get heck is a fiddlehead.

Joan so sorry for your rough day also sending big hugs. It makes me so angry to hear that your aunt is in a catch 22 situation. Does she have a social worker who can help her?
Old 07-11-2017, 06:46 PM

Sewbiz great quilt and it's gender neutral. Going to look up the pattern and in the fall after I have quilted my 23 charity quilts and sent off my boom blocks maybe I will have time to make one. Haven't called Marshall's yet but going to. Think I will order more of the Faded florals also. Do you remember which colors didn't look nice?
Old 07-11-2017, 06:48 PM

It is a delicious veggie, it is a fern frond you pick and eat when it is young and still curled. It grows in the north and is only harvested for a few weeks a year.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Ok for this northern Midwest girl what you get heck is a fiddlehead.

Joan so sorry for your rough day also sending big hugs. It makes me so angry to hear that your aunt is in a catch 22 situation. Does she have a social worker who can help her?
Old 07-11-2017, 06:55 PM

Found a picture but guarantee you I have never heard of them. Do they get soggy when you cook them

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576341[/ATTACH]
Now the lady slipper is Minnesota's state flower
[ATTACH=CONFIG]576342[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails image.png   image.jpeg  
Old 07-11-2017, 08:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Now the lady slipper is Minnesota's state flower
[ATTACH=CONFIG]576342[/ATTACH]
Yup! They grow wild in the woods in Massachusetts.