Boom 19 - Summer

Old 07-10-2017, 07:05 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
I think this is ugly fabric, not sure why it is in my stash. The best thing to do is send it out to you wonderful quilters to make something beautiful out of it.
Ugly? Oh no... It's cool fabric and will be fun to create with. It's perfect for a sampler quilt.
Old 07-10-2017, 08:25 PM

If your fabric is ugly it just isn't cut small enough. lol
Originally Posted by quilt addict View Post
Okay, I had my fabric and was short for 19 F8s. Searched previous BOOMs for some fabric I could add to them. Then I was trying to figure out how it works since I didn't double up. Read Janice's excellant instructions and realized I only needed 12. So they are on their way today. I think this is ugly fabric, not sure why it is in my stash. The best thing to do is send it out to you wonderful quilters to make something beautiful out of it.
Old 07-11-2017, 02:32 AM

I like this fabric. What are you asking to go with it?
Old 07-11-2017, 03:30 AM

Quilt addict I like your fabric also. Will be fun to create a block with it
Old 07-11-2017, 09:15 AM

I don't think its ugly at all! After the morning Ive had it looks beautiful and wish I was home working on something like that now instead of working!! DIL called at 6:45, had a blow out on I70 so had to go pick her up, wait for the tow truck, drive her back home to get the other car, take grandson to day care then go to work an hour late...THEN get to work and go to see my 92 year old cousin and therapy was in the room telling her they were discharging her next Friday.. I thought she would be excited...man was I wrong!! She started saying "well Ill just go home now if you are kicking me out"....Ive don it all by myself for 92 years and will continue to do so." she looked at me and said " AND YOU are NOT taking me home...Ill get Eddie (her step nephew) to do it...".. I was in tears as I walked out of the room...not sure why but everytime she gets upset about something she takes it out on me...I know her mom was VERY mean, almost abusive to her when she was a kid but no idea why I get the blunt of it from her...sorry but if I didn't tell someone I was gonna explode so you being friends get to hear m sob story...ALL better now!
Old 07-11-2017, 10:25 AM

Sometimes, Joan, people only trust those they are closest to with their anger. Maybe she doesn't really want to go home. I'm sorry you are having to deal with all this, but it seems like you are the one everyone leans on in your family. Sometimes they forget that you need to lean on someone too. Glad you spilled. Praying for restoration in your relationship with your cousin. I hope I have someone who will take as good care of me when I'm 92, Lord willing. ❤️
Old 07-11-2017, 10:28 AM

Quilt addict, this fabric looks like leaves blowing around & made me think of travelinggramma's leaf quilt!
Old 07-11-2017, 11:04 AM
Power Poster

Joan, I agree with all that GramE said so well. You are the one supporting everyone in the family. But still, relatives, especially older ones, need to respect your boundaries. Being old or upset doesn't give her the right to treat you that way. If it helps, I've heard that people get meaner as they get old, because their brains shrink or dry out, or something! Dementia patients can get really angry.

It's sad to see, but I had a very sweet student in my Silver Sneakers class who was advancing in dementia over the years. I saw her transition from a lovely person to someone who was alway angry and ready to lash out. Finally her son recognized she wasn't fit to live alone anymore, and brought her to live in his home... so she's not my problem anymore! It's definitely an aging brain thing.

Quilt Addict, I'm thinking 'fiddlehead ferns' when I look at your fabric...
Old 07-11-2017, 11:08 AM
Power Poster

Here's a little quilt share while we wait... I quilted this in a meander today, to donate to a children's shelter my group supports. Terri, I used the Marshall's 5 ounce batting in this one. If you look at the close up, you can get a better idea of the loft. I love that stuff... it makes such a cuddly quilt and is still lightweight.

This pattern is called Menagerie and is a freebie online. It's a cute quick one for charity donations.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576318[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]576319[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails img_2504-medium-.jpg   img_2505-medium-.jpg  
Old 07-11-2017, 01:39 PM

Janice - F8s were picked up Monday, should be delivered by Friday. You should have an e-mail with the tracking #. edit = Just got an email from USPS - says it has already been delivered. Yeah!

Quilt Addict - looks like great fabric for a friendship quilt. You'll be amazed how lovely it becomes.

Joanelizbay - Sorry you had such a bad day. Hope you feel better after sharing with us. Sometimes people we love hurt for reasons they don't understand, and it spills out onto people they love because they feel safe venting (to or on). Plus there's the crotchety old age thing going on, with maybe a little Alzheimer's confusion or whatever in the mix. I know my granny could be a mean old lady! But she did love me.

Sewbizgirl - wonderful quilt as always. Someone is very lucky!

Last edited by All2Pieces; 07-11-2017 at 01:52 PM. Reason: added info