Boom 19 - Summer

Old 07-03-2017, 08:24 AM

Okay, I have a question... It seems I should be sending you $14.40 for shipping. Do you not need $$ to ship the fabric to each person and $7.20 to return the final blocks to me? Please let me know if I am mistaken.
Old 07-03-2017, 09:23 AM

I have my packages ready to mail but did not get the welcome email in either group so I do not have an address to mail to. :-(
Old 07-03-2017, 09:41 AM

I am a slacker. I have no fabric cut yet. I'm getting there. It is next on my list.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
I have my packages ready to mail but did not get the welcome email in either group so I do not have an address to mail to. :-(

Hav4boys- This is how I do my shipping funds to Janice. I enclose cash in a business envelope, hidden inside my gallon bag, with her name written on it. This is how I figure my shipping cost- I'm in both groups and I'm too impatient to wait until the Autumn group is finished too, so I sent this amount to cover everything-

F8s returned to me (both groups together)- $7.20
Summer group finished blocks to me- $7.20
Autumn group finished blocks to me- $7.20
____

Total cash funds sent to Janice (covers all shipping back to me) $21.60

I usually have both groups finished by the first group's deadline, so my only other cost is to send the finished blocks to Janice, together in one package. Hope this helps you out. Of course, if you're in both groups, you can ship the finished blocks back for each group when they're actually due.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:38 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
And now might be a good time to tell a little about yourselves for the benefit of the newbies and for us to catch up on what's been happening with you so far this summer. Who will go first?
Well, I guess I will go first, since no one else took the bait... This is only my third swap, so I'm still a fairly new kid on the block. Once the fabric comes I become obsessed with it and all other quilting usually goes on the back burner til I am done with the blocks.. usually less than two weeks per group. Making these blocks for others is all-consuming fun, for me.

Other than that I am mostly a charity quilter. I belong to a great group nearby that makes quilts for hospital patients and shelter kids, as a hug and cheer up gift. It's so rewarding. My blocks from the Summer and Autumn groups this time will go to make 4 beautiful lap quilts to brighten up 4 lives.

In my other life I am a fitness instructor, specializing in working with older adults. I teach Silver Sneaker classes (all formats), and also yoga and water aerobics. Yoga and my seniors are my passion.

This summer I've been trying to deal with an increasing problem with sciatica by getting spinal injections. I'm hoping they will heal my spinal nerves and discs.

Looking forward to playing with some new Boomers in the mix, and also my old friends. Bonnie
Old 07-03-2017, 10:55 AM

Welcome to all our new Boomers. I've been doing the Booms since Boom 10. LOVE every single one of them! I've been a little slow this spring, getting over some surgery. I have decided that I WILL feel better and get on with life.
I head up a charity program with our church making pillowcase dresses for our mission trips to South America. My dear friend heads up the pattern-made dresses. This is our third year doing this and we love participating in it. My ECA Club also makes breast cancer pillows for our local hospital, along with chemo caps for patients.
I have 4 great-grandchildren and 6 grandchildren, along with 2 daughters and 1 son. They are my everything. I make my quilts for them. I'm about to gain a granddaughter-in-law, so one of these quilts will be for her.
My advice to the new Boomers- Just relax, ask any question at all and have fun. Oh, and we love chatting and pictures of what you're making !
Old 07-03-2017, 10:57 AM

Hi Janice Pkg has left UPS tracking # is 9505 5136 2971 7184 0779 39 said espected arrivial Thursday 7/6
Old 07-03-2017, 11:10 AM
Power Poster

My package was mailed today! Yippee.... Can hardly wait to start. I have an earworm during this time of every Boom swap... It's The Waiting by Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers. And it makes the waiting harder!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uMyCa35_mOg

"The waaaaaaaaaiting is the hardest part..."
Old 07-03-2017, 11:17 AM

PLEASE EMAIL TRACKING NUMBERS. Do not post them online. Thanks, everyone!

Also, if you post something and you want to delete or edit, you have 20 minutes from the time you post. You just need to find "edit post" immediately below your post and go from there.

Last edited by Janice McC; 07-03-2017 at 11:31 AM. Reason: Additional info
Old 07-03-2017, 12:19 PM

I really would like to get my fabric mailed today. Anyone available to send me an message with the address?