Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group >

Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group

Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group

Old 01-14-2018, 02:30 PM

Working in a prison for 30 years Ive been called a lot worse than "Joan" LOL...my twin brother is John and when we were really young we had new neighbors and their two kids were Joan Marie and John Alan...It was confusing at first but I became "joanie" and she was always Joan Marie.. John Alan chose Alan and to this day its remained the same. When they talk about John T. I forget who they are talking about because he will always be Alan. He even preached at my moms funeral. a Lot better than the names some of the prisoners give you!
Old 01-14-2018, 02:30 PM
Power Poster

My name is Bonnie and growing up kids were always asking me what it was short for... like Bonnie was a nickname for some other name. I had to tell them it was my complete name. My middle name is Ellen, which I always felt was a more grown up name, but I never took the jump to trying to get people to call me Ellen.

My husband's sister was Katherine, but always called Kathy by the family. Somewhere along the line, while she was off living in another state, she started going by Katherine. We are the same age, but she didn't marry until after 50. At that point, she asked me pointedly to call her Katherine. I just couldn't do it! Not after a lifetime of knowing her as Kathy... it just felt too stilted and formal, like someone else's name. So I just didn't refer to her by name anymore. I've always hated it when people change their name, midstream, and expect you to fall in line. I just can't do it.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:15 PM

Terriamn, the snow is beautiful. It has been so unseasonably dry and warm in Wyoming this winter, we need the moisture so bad. I'm a bit jealous.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:04 PM

Jayne we haven’t had much snow and this was very welcome especially since it didn’t effect the evening commute. Then again there are all the fans leaving our Vikings game after we won the game in the last 2 seconds. They might have a problem

Bonnie my name is just plain Terri not Teresa. I spent all my school years having to prove it was Terri. Drove me crazy.
Old 01-14-2018, 06:07 PM

I have people ask me if Mona is short for Monica, lol.
Old 01-14-2018, 07:39 PM

What a clever compilation you've made with 'Hedge'!
Terri! Run outdoors and try to catch a snowflake on your tongue before that lovely snowfall stops! :-)
Joanelizbay, Cool! You are a twin! What are the chances the neighbor kids would have the same names!

Last edited by givio; 01-14-2018 at 07:41 PM.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Then again there are all the fans leaving our Vikings game after we won the game in the last 2 seconds. They might have a problem
That was an amazing finish! I want to capitalize amazing because I really am yelling!
Old 01-14-2018, 09:40 PM

Thanks Jayne, it was an incredible finish. Totally unbelievable. I went from being sick to my stomach that once again we were going to lose in the last minute of the game to jumping up and down screaming for joy. My kids, grandkids and even my sister were all either calling or texting. It was just plain awesome. Can’t even imagine how excited the fans were at the stadium.
Old 01-15-2018, 06:21 AM

Oops, forgot to post Mona G's f8s. Pretty batiks...
[ATTACH=CONFIG]587104[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails mona-g-hum.jpg  
Old 01-15-2018, 08:51 AM

Joan Marie and Alan are still good friends with me and my brother to this day. Just ashame we all live so far apart that we don't get to see each other much.. I love those colors of Monas..