Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group >

Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group

Boom 20 - Hummingbird 2 month group

Old 01-22-2018, 01:15 PM

I’m so pleased you like it. I’ll take a better pic the next time the sun shines. Really so much prettier in person. Glad you like the block choice, too.
Originally Posted by QuilterMomma View Post
you are so spot on Janice! Perfect colors and love that pattern you picked. Thank you so much!!!!!! Getting a bit antsy for my package to get here. I have a few blocks picked out already that I have practiced on. Package is said to arrive today.
Old 01-22-2018, 01:43 PM

QM, Omgosh! I don’t know whether to laugh or cry. I just pulled the block out to set it aside for tomorrow to rephotograph and I realize I put it together wrong. lol. I’ll laugh, not cry. The dark was to have formed a churn dash but I reversed all four corners. I saw it instantly yet I didn’t see it when I stitched it or took a pic or when I posted it? Oh, for crying out loud!
Originally Posted by Janice McC View Post
I’m so pleased you like it. I’ll take a better pic the next time the sun shines. Really so much prettier in person. Glad you like the block choice, too.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:04 PM

My first block is completed for Nana Kathy. Fair Trade

[ATTACH=CONFIG]587529[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 78c854a5-31da-441b-b9fa-ff49bfbcc13f.jpeg  
Old 01-22-2018, 02:14 PM

Holy cow we are having one heck of a snow storm. It’s going to take my dh house to get home. Usually the weathermen exaggerate but this time it looks like they are right on. Temp is at freezing and it’s hard to see with the wind whipping everything around. Bet we have at least 8” so far.

Grand daughter called to say it took her Mom 2 hours to drive kids home from school. Then they ran the last 3 blocks Home because the van was stuck. Haven’t heard back that she made it home yet

Oh my it’s so nice to be retired
Old 01-22-2018, 02:32 PM

Terri, stay warm and safe. Hope your DH makes it home slowly and safely too.

Bootsy, I just opened my Hummingbird bag and looked through the fabrics. Love what I got to work with. And, the bonus block that I got is perfect for me. It's a hunter green Star ( you know I love stars) with snowmen in the center. I love it! It will be a pillow to go with my red poinsettias fabric that I sent all of you. I'll be all set for Christmas next year! Thank you for a great surprise.
Old 01-22-2018, 02:41 PM

Got my package today! Love all the fabric and Bootsy LOVE my block .Thanks!You know me to well lol
Old 01-22-2018, 08:01 PM

The package arrived safely here today also! I'll probably get started on the blocks this weekend. I usually sew on the weekends because of working full time. I like the idea of cutting one day and sewing another day. I might try that!
Old 01-22-2018, 08:56 PM
Power Poster

My package came today, and also my Around the Block books! Yay! I’ve been reading all your notes and pulling fabric to go with yours. Now to choose the right blocks to make...

Bootsy, I love my Santa Christmas block! Thank you so much for making those treats for us.
Old 01-23-2018, 12:30 AM

Lovely it’s just about 2:30 AM and can’t sleep. What’s a gal to do why go through all the baggies and ohh and ahh over all the lovely fabrics. Pressed a few more fat 1/8’s, chose a few colors to go with the fabric and they will get washed in the morning.

Bootsy thank you, I received a Churn Dashbwith a beautiful cardinal in the center.

The Minneapolis schools are shut down tomorrow because of snow, that it a rare occurrence here in the frozen tundra
Old 01-23-2018, 04:27 AM

Default Important Reminder!

I don't want anyone to be confused by the fact some of you will have duplicate fabrics. Some people chose to send in 19 fabrics and some didn't. Most of those who did will receive two of the same f8s from some other swappers who sent 19. Don't be alarmed. As long as you have 19 f8s for Hummingbird, you are golden. Everyone else will have 15 f8s except for NanaKathy who sent 16. NK, you will have 16 F8s. Also, they are not exchanged one for one. Just because you received an extra from say Jaba, does not mean Jaba has an extra of yours. FYI, I count and recount those darn packages so I know everyone has the correct number but before you do anything else, count them yourselves. And whatever you do if you are in Quail also, don't combine them unless you have counted both separately. Thanks!

I've got a busy morning and will be home after lunch and will be available to start posting pix and answering questions then. Thanks and enjoy playing with the F8s!