Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 01-10-2018, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Mailing to you today Janice, both groups. Cold and rainy in Florida, better that ice and snow in Wyoming though. Here's my fabric for this group and an example of my "vision"[ATTACH=CONFIG]586490[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]586491[/ATTACH]
oh Jaba you’ve got to know. nothing I make looks like that. Ok if I just follow the color requests closely? Otherwise I’ll learn some new piecing skills but I’ve got other ideas for that fabric.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:33 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas View Post
oh Jaba you’ve got to know. nothing I make looks like that. Ok if I just follow the color requests closely? Otherwise I’ll learn some new piecing skills but I’ve got other ideas for that fabric.
Just work within your own skill set and make a block you like to make! That's all anyone can ask.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
I take a 20 minute nap each day after lunch. We are fortunate to have a quiet room at work and I take the time to just let my brain rest. It is fantastic.
That sounds lovely.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by hav4boys View Post
I take a 20 minute nap each day after lunch. We are fortunate to have a quiet room at work and I take the time to just let my brain rest. It is fantastic.
Wish I could! For me a nap is at least an hour or I wake up even more tired.
Old 01-10-2018, 06:36 PM

Your quiet room at work sounds great! My quiet room at work was the bathroom...

When 8 1/2 to 9 months pregnant for my first child, I became so tired at work that I would go in a bathroom stall, sit on the toilet, put my elbows on my knees, and my head in my hands. Before I knew it, 15 or 20 minutes would pass! Yes, I actually napped there. It really refreshed me, but my supervisor didn't like it. I had a 'talking to' from her. She told me I was spending too much time in the bathroom. I said, "I'm sorry, but as you know, pregnant women are using the facilities for two." A bit of a fib there, but a true statement... Luckily, it didn't turn into a problem, as the baby came, and I could stay home and use a bed for a nap. lol
Old 01-10-2018, 09:01 PM

I will photograph and mail my fabric his weekend.

TG, if you are in Anaheim, M and L Fabric is a fun place to go. 23000 sq ft of fabric and notions. If you’ve never been to LA, Grauman’s Chinese Theater, The Walk of Stars, and the Hollywood Sign are tourist musts. The Fashion District is somewhere I want to go (I’m thinking of going over spring break). According to the internet, there are nearly 200 wholesale and retail stores that sell fabrics and notions and is home to the largest selection of textiles and notions in the nation.

As far as naps, I occasionally enjoy one on Sunday afternoons.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:50 AM

F8 update

I've received F8s from those in bold type and those in italics have packages confirmed in transit.

AnnieQuilts
Annt59
D.Henson
Hav4Boys
Jaba

JayneW
Joanelizbay
Kassaundra
Libster
LJDugas

Mariposa
Maudeflanagan
MJPEncinitas

mollymunchkin
NanaKathy55
QuiltAddict
QuilterMomma
Sewbizgirl
Terriamn
TravelingGramma
Old 01-11-2018, 07:24 AM

Well, I off to jury duty for the 3rd day. We are still trying to pick the jury for this trial. I sure don't mind doing my civic duty, however, I'm praying I don't get selected this time. It's a very long trial. 2 mos. I'm just saying..... that will really put a cramp in my sewing time!! Wonder if I can use that as an excuse.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Your quiet room at work sounds great! My quiet room at work was the bathroom...

When 8 1/2 to 9 months pregnant for my first child, I became so tired at work that I would go in a bathroom stall, sit on the toilet, put my elbows on my knees, and my head in my hands. Before I knew it, 15 or 20 minutes would pass! Yes, I actually napped there. It really refreshed me, but my supervisor didn't like it. I had a 'talking to' from her. She told me I was spending too much time in the bathroom. I said, "I'm sorry, but as you know, pregnant women are using the facilities for two." A bit of a fib there, but a true statement... Luckily, it didn't turn into a problem, as the baby came, and I could stay home and use a bed for a nap. lol
This reminds me of my first pregnancy. I was scheduled to teach three or four swimming classes at USC starting at 8am. I took an express bus there. I would lay down on the front seat and sleep. The driver would wake me up by yelling my stop loudly. It worked and I got a little bit of extra rest.
Old 01-11-2018, 10:33 AM

Molly - thank you, Not sure about the fabric store - I have put myself on a very tight budget!! But will look into the others.