Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 03-15-2018, 01:31 PM

Annie, did you have any side effects?

My doc said it is highly recommended but does for a couple days afterwards you will expierence flu like symptoms, low fever, muscle aches etc.
Old 03-15-2018, 02:09 PM

DH had shingles a bit before he turned 60 (relatively mild case but still uncomfortable for a couple of weeks) and then a recurrence of it two years later. Doc finally got him the vaccine last year. He had no side effects from the vaccine but I don’t know whether he had the new one. I haven’t had the vaccine yet but I probably will at 60.
Originally Posted by terriamn View Post
Ladies have any of you 50 and older had the New shingles vaccination, that is 99.5% effective?
Old 03-15-2018, 02:24 PM

I had one 3 years ago but she said that was only fifty something percent effective. Have been so under the weather this winter decided what was a few days more of feeling crappy and had the shot. I also had a very mild case of shingles about 10 years ago.
Old 03-15-2018, 03:37 PM

Thank you for the block Annt! So clean looking!

Mariposa, the fussy cutting on the star wars block is awesome!
Old 03-15-2018, 04:24 PM

Annie, did you have any side effects?

My doc said it is highly recommended but does for a couple days afterwards you will expierence flu like symptoms, low fever, muscle aches etc.
No side effects at all! I've heard the ones you listed in respect to almost any injection. I guess it's just a disclaimer since so many people seem to have their lawyer on speed-dial. lol
Old 03-15-2018, 05:03 PM
Power Poster

If you had chicken pox as a kid, are you more likely to develop shingles later in life, or less likely?

I hate vacinations. You never know what exactly they are injecting you with. I never get the flu shots.
Old 03-15-2018, 05:15 PM

I don’t get the flu shot since I retired. Not big on vaccinations either.

if you had chicken pox you are more likely to get shingles. Shingles is so nasty I was willing to get this vaccination.
Old 03-15-2018, 06:58 PM

I don’t get the flu shot since I retired. Not big on vaccinations either.

if you had chicken pox you are more likely to get shingles. Shingles is so nasty I was willing to get this vaccination.
I got the vaccination because my dad had shingles really bad at least twice. I've had so many other skin problems for so long I didn't want to take a chance on shingles like that.
Old 03-16-2018, 06:22 AM

I get the flu shot every year as I work with seniors. When I was working in a continuing care community you either had to get the shot (the law) or wear a mask when working with the seniors. I also try to avoid shakeing hands, especially at toastmasters where everyone shakes hands with everyone.. As I tell people I get the flu, I’m sick for a few weeks. Some of my elderly clients get it and they’re in the hospital or dead.

Iv’e been following the news carefully on reputable evidence based sites. The flu shot was more effective than they expected and when you got the flu it mitigated the symptoms. Helped to keep people out of the hospital and kept people from dying from the flu. I asked all the friends and relatives who visited this winter to get a flu shot at least two weeks before they came. For most people the flu shot is a clear cut choice.

Im also going to get the shingles vaccine soon. I’m waiting for our doctor to get the new one in. I seem to have a bad reaction to the viruses in the herpes family (chicken pox, CMV, cold sores on mouth) so I’m going to get that one early. If you had chicken pox you’re more likely to get shingles.

We we are lucky to have these preventative measures readily available.

Last edited by mjpEncinitas; 03-16-2018 at 06:39 AM.
Old 03-16-2018, 07:42 AM

Nanakathy please check your email as soon as possible for an important message. Thanks.