Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group >

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Boom 20 - Quail 3 month group

Old 04-12-2018, 08:45 AM

Klaws, I’m sorry to hear it’s taking longer than you expected to sell. You are right, some people will keep bargaining and pushing to an unreasonable extent. I hope you soon find a buyer who sees the value in your home so you can move on. In the meantime, be sure to keep on checking in with us and let us know how things progress. The Booms will be around for a while.
Originally Posted by klaws View Post
I have been lurking and reading every day. I am really discouraged with the sell of my mobile. I put it on the market in January and was hoping to already be in Ohio by now. Unfortunately I haven't had any offers. People want something for nothing! I've been putting off joining in any swaps because I wasn't sure if I would have time or where I would be. I didn't want to be unable to fulfill my obligation. I missed this boom because of it and not sure if I will be able to join in the next one. I already have my fabric ready.

Anyway, I love all of the blocks that everyone have made so far. I'm anxious to see the finished products. Maude, I love your layout and will keep that in mind for the future.
Old 04-12-2018, 12:44 PM
Power Poster

Maude, love your setting and your practice blocks! A bonus quilt!

Klaws, so sorry your home hasn't sold. I believe there is a perfect time and buyer for every home sale. Our last house took 3 years to get sold. But there was a reason for the way everything worked out.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:00 PM

It would be wonderful if those of you who haven’t shipped yet would let me know when you plan to. Blocks are due in ten days so you’ll need to ship by Thursday of next week (or Friday if you are in a nearby state) to get them to me on time. This round, we’ve got several people who have quieted down and stopped posting and I have no idea how you are doing. Please post or email me as soon as possible to let me know your block sand mailing status.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:19 PM

I let you know but I will mail this Saturday.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:21 PM

I keep reminding my husband to print my label he says he is going to do it tonight, we'll see. I plan to get it in the mail in the next day or two.
Old 04-12-2018, 03:26 PM

Thanks, Kasssundra.
Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I keep reminding my husband to print my label he says he is going to do it tonight, we'll see. I plan to get it in the mail in the next day or two.
Old 04-12-2018, 04:17 PM

Old 04-12-2018, 04:54 PM

Hello boomer friends! I have fun news to share. I found out last week I will have a new job for next year. I'm currently working as an instructional coach at a junior high. It was a new position for me this year and a nice change of pace after teaching high school math for 15 years. But I have found that I really miss having contact with kids. So, next year I will be the director of program in our district designed for students who have dropped out (or are on the verge of) to come back and finish up their credits and receive their diploma. I'm really looking forward to the new challenge. I went and visited my new classrooms today and decided the walls are really boring... maybe I'll have to make a quilt to hang up!!!

My next boom fabric might have to be school related!

Last edited by JayneW; 04-12-2018 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

That is great news, Jayne. Congrats to you!
Old 04-12-2018, 05:54 PM

Awesome news Jayne, to bad they are high schoolers, you could do a "The Places You'll Go" (Dr Seuss ) quilt. High schoolers would probably view it as "lame" but as a child and adult I love me some Seuss.